The Music Library | Teen Ink

The Music Library

October 15, 2014
By NormalDayNightmare GOLD, Caledonia, Other
NormalDayNightmare GOLD, Caledonia, Other
15 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Music is free therapy."- Alan Ashby
"I am an adult man. Do not bring me into the tumblr world of relationships."- Aaron Pauley


Music is something special, but not everyone knows it. For some it's a escape from the lives they live, or it can save someone's life instead of having them falling off that ledge.

 

I was one of those people, about to fall of that edge when I found something, I found the Music Library. It was a large room, where anyone who needed a little therapy could go and be themselves, I saw people with dried tears on their face, some with scars on their wrists and others who just didn't fit in with the crowd. When I stepped into that room, it didn't matter who you were, where you came from, if you were gay or not or anything, you were the same as everyone else. You were human. You could go into that room and pour your heart out to the person next to you or could just go to the classical music section and not be judged for what you liked.

I needed that.

 

I hadn't ever been the person who fit in with the crowd, or followed fashion trends or anything like that. I was the "emo", the "goth" or "that strange girl who just writes in notebooks all day" but when I entered the Music Library, all of that dissapeared, and that is why I love the Music Library.

 

A/N. Okay, so the whole reason for this short story thingy is that even though you might feel left out, or scared to be yourselt in fear that you will be judged. Find something. Find something that means something to you and that you don't care what other people think. Find somewhere or someone where you will be accepted for who you are, and if you can't find something like that, you need to surround yourself with other people. I found my place, and now I feel great and accepted for who I am without hiding it in the shadows.


The author's comments:

I thought of this idea when I was sitting in my school's library, trying to write a descriptive paragraph about music.