Trouble | Teen Ink

Trouble

October 15, 2014
By NajahAliyah BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
NajahAliyah BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

               Trouble

 

“Are you happy, Keisha,” Shawn yelled at me.
You could tell he was very angry. He’s been angry ever since I woke up this morning. Well, this afternoon because I kinda had a hangover. I don’t know what I did, I can’t remember. I feel sick to my stomach and my head is pounding. I think I even took multiple trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night to vomit.
“Keisha, you’re beyond disrespectful, ignorant, and out of control,” he said.
Sheesh, what a great day I’m having. First,I don’t feel good. Then, I wake up and notice that there is a ticket on the windshield of my car. Then, I get a call from my sister and she informs me that my mother is in the hospital because of sharp pains in her chest. Now, my husband is yelling at me for no reason. This was just lovely. Deep inside, I wanted to go in my room and just lay in my bed all day. Why can’t this be a stress-free day? Why can’t I just enjoy a day for once?
While Shawn is continuing to yell and curse at me, I grab my car keys and purse and just decide to go for a ride. I thought a ride would be best for me because I could clear my head and get my mind off things. I turn on my favorite song and just ride until my mind drift off. After about three hours of just cruising, I stopped at a gas station to fill my tank back up. Before pulling off, I glanced at my cell phone and the time said: 11:45 pm. Oh crap, I know Shawn is probably heated.
I head home and when I arrive Shawn is outside. “See, Keisha I don’t think you get it! Earlier, while I was busy yelling at you, you gonna walk out on me. Then you don’t come back home til’ late at night! Do you not understand Keisha? Can you at least act like you care for  once and act like you have sense! The least you can do for me is stop starting trouble,” he yelled in my face as I got out the car.
I walked straight in the house as if I didn’t hear a single word that came out his mouth. Yup, I can be ignorant as a jack rabbit. When I get in the house, I put down my keys and my purse. Before I could even turn around, he’s in my face.
“So, you don’t hear me talking to you Keisha? What did you do last night,” he asked me.
“Shawn, lay off me! You’re always in my face with some bull crap! Last night, I went out with the girls. We went to a bar nearby and I ran into your little ex-girlfriend. I don’t remember a lot, but I do remember your ex-girlfriend coming up to me,” I responded.
Suddenly, his phone started to ring. He looked at me before answering and walked about 3 feet away. “Hello… Yeah… Are you serious?... But how… Yes… Yes, I know… Okay...Okay… Bye.” I was trying to eavesdrop as much as I could. When he hung up, he stared at me for a minute. “What?” I asked curiously. “Shawn, what happened?”
He walked to the door and I followed. Before he opened it, he turned around and said, “You know what… You’re always starting trouble, but this time you took it too far!”
Afterward, he walked out slamming the door behind him. He left me there clueless. I walked to the living room and sat down on the sofa. I started to think; what did I do?