It Was Worth It | Teen Ink

It Was Worth It

By RamonRobertWrightFonseca SILVER, Hemet, California
RamonRobertWrightFonseca SILVER, Hemet, California

When life gives you lemons, throw them at the person next to you!

Fiction for Teen Magazine
It Was Worth It

I woke up to the sound of my alarm at six o' clock- thank God for alarms. My parents never have time for me. Oh well. If I didn't have an alarm next to me every morning, I probably wouldn't be in school for very long.

My parents don't care about me enough to wake me up every morning, make sure I get to school and make good grades, hell, they don't even care whether I come back home or not. I've Stayed away for days just to test my boundaries. There are none. When I came home, they didn't even notice I'd been gone. Heh. I say "they" like there's two. really there is only one- my Mom. My dad is usually either drunk, or passed out from drinking too much. My mom though, is the one who goes to work, pays the bills, and keeps a roof over our heads. She's an office manager over at the Towering Hills Rental Complex. She just doesn't have time to care about me- she barely gets home on the weekends to relax before she's off again. Honestly, I don't know how she could've chose a guy like my dad, Bill (I know, steryotypical name. Usually the drunk hillbillys get name like Bob, Bill, or Brandy). I mean she's gorgeous and he's as handsome as monkeys get. But this is the family I was put into. Wonderful.

I was walking home from school one day when I saw a huge crowd around the street on my block. This was the kind of fight where people would link arms so nobody could get through. I tried to see who was fighting, but unfortunately, I'm four foot nine, too short to see over anything really. Finally I saw a break in the chain and dove in. I got up to the front and saw my Father (did I mention he's a fighter?) with blood all over his face and the neighbor- no blood all over his face. I went up to the closest person and asked what the fight was about this time. He said that David (the neighbor) found Bill in bed with sheila (David's wife) and is really mad (duh). I looked over at my dad and, not only did I never see him as my dad, but now, I saw him as a whole other person. How could he cheat on my mom, his Wife? She's gorgeous, pays for his booze, a roof over his head, his food and water, and she loved him. On top of that I'm his son! He named me Emmet himself! It wasn't enough that he threw me away, now he had to throw away my mom too. Fan-frickin'-tastic. I went up to him, "Why did you cheat on my mom!? It wasn't enough that you've been physically hurting her? Now you had to emotionally hurt her too?!? I hope you die of AIDs." "Don't you speak to me in that kind of tone mister!", he said, "I am the reason you are alive today!" I went up to him, and kicked him right where the light doesn't shine. He fell to the ground. " Hope that teaches you a lesson! Hopefully they won't be usable any more!" I went home to comfort my mom.

My mom was in her room when I found her. She was crying her eyes out. She kept asking why she had been so stupid under her breath. When I went up to her and hugged her and kissed her, she told me it was worth it.

I am not abused by my mother or father(thank God!) I actually just made it up from thin air, but I do know a few people that have experienced this and I wrote it to show how it may be like. I hope there are people out there who feel as if they are not alone.