Never More | Teen Ink

Never More

I could feel that it was late. Mother told me it was time for bed hours ago, but I could not even sleep. Leo said that there was something that he had for us to do tonight; it was soon that he ,would be coming for me. Then there was gentle click of the door and light foot step following it.
“Quella, are you up?” Leo whispered.
Not know knowing what to think of what might happen, I shifted in the seat. I did not know what Leo was up to, but I knew that Mother would not approve. What was he planning? An urge inside me wanted to ask, but I was not sure if it was right to ask.
“ Are you ready? I see that you are up. Mother has kept you locked up for too long.” Leo’s voice fluttered on the heavy air.
Leo grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my seat. I wanted to know what was it he was doing?` As we left the room my fingertips brushed the door frame. Leo was the only one who accepted me and the accident. My being locked up, with no windows in any of the hall, or rooms I was permitted to go in to. This bother Leo because to him no one should have to live in the dark. Mother did not really see the point of me having windows. I could not even see the light.
“Leo w-what?” I started to ask. Did I really want to know?
The feeling of my surroundings had lead me to know that we came to stop after a few turns of the halls . He had led me down the halls to the front door that I could no longer see. Then it came to me; I knew what he was doing. He was going to get me out of this house; away from our mother. Would I go with him, or would I stay and fight for Mothers approval?
Deep inside I knew that Mother would never approve of me. Why would she? All the light, color and shades of the world had been snached away from me years ago.
“Leo lets do it. Please take me away from her and this place.” I said with boldness, ready for what will happen next.
He tightened his grip on my hand. He was smiling I knew he was smiling, I did not know how I knew, but I knew.  Leo opened the door and I could feel a sliver light coming from out side.
Before I could ask Leo popped out with “It is the moon Quella. Before that happened to you and Mother locked…. ”
Leo stop dead in his sentence. His hand began to shake. I hugged him, remembering what it was like to see the moon. The silver star is what I called the moon when I was little. Now it was just energy on my skin.
Leo helped me into a car. He got on the driver’s side and slowly started to pull away for the house that was my prison. I could feel myself being freed for the hell. Closer and closer to being me and what that woman, who called herself my Mother, wanted me to be.
“Quella now you will never more have to  deal with the pain of not being accepted for who you are” Leo said strongly 
The words never more where nice. Yes, I would never have to fight not being me self.