Perspective | Teen Ink

Perspective

August 19, 2014
By chloe44 BRONZE, Clinton, New York
chloe44 BRONZE, Clinton, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"This planet does not need more successful people. This planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of all kinds." -Dalai Lama


There was a record playing. It was scratchy and good and I sat there and counted the words on my fingers. I wanted the amount of words to be even and I got mad if it wasn’t. The singer’s voice reminded me of summer and ice cream but also of snowflakes and I guess it just reminded me of all of the seasons at once and I think that’s better than just one season. There was a clock ticking, though. I got angry about it. More angry than if the number of words wasn’t even. I got angry because the clock ticking wasn’t part of the song and I didn’t want it there. I tried to move the clock far away but I couldn’t go that far because I didn’t want to stop listening to the seasons. I also heard people yelling outside. Not bad yelling. It was happy yelling, the kind you do when you see someone who’s been away for a while or when you win a really hard game. But it wasn’t part of the song either and I didn’t want it there. I couldn’t tell them to be quiet though because I didn’t want to stop listening to the seasons. So I just sat back down in my chair. I focused really hard on the scratchy record because it was good but I still heard the clock and I still heard the yelling. I thought it sounded bad but then suddenly it didn’t sound so bad. It was like it all fit together, like it was synchronized. I was surprised because I thought the happy yelling and ticking were annoying and I thought I didn’t want them but I guess sometimes the stuff you don’t want is always going to be there and I guess sometimes it’s really not that bad.