No More | Teen Ink

No More

By shakyah BRONZE, Dumas, Arkansas
shakyah BRONZE, Dumas, Arkansas

Don't wait to make your dreams happen, make it happen right now.

Me and my mom just moved here to LA from Arkansas and I was so happy. There's more things to do here so I won't be bored all of the time. It was a good thing we moved here in the summer when we did because my mom couldn't take staying in the house her and dad had the most memories. It hurt me more when she cried and smiled in my face acting like it was alright and that she was ok. I knew it wasn't though, because I could sometimes here her at night sniffling in the other room. My mom isn't the only one that misses him, me and my baby brother and sister misses him too. I cry, but I do it when no ones at home, knowing I remind my mom of my dad I try not to be around her so much. "Hey abree, come get your brother, I'm heading out to go to work!" She yelled up the stairs. "Ok mom" I yelled back. Grumbling, I got up and trudged down stairs to get my little brother. Once down there, I picked him up and raised his shirt up to blow on his tummy. He giggled and smiled down at him in admoration. "Hey baby boy, you want to come with sissy? Do you want to come with sissy? Oh I bet you do, oh yes you do!" I talked to talk to him in my baby voice.

I put him on my lap and walked into the kitchen to fix him a bottle. When I was done, I walked him into my room and set him on my bed while I went to get his toys and to check on my baby sister, amilia. When I walked in and up to her crib to see her looking around everywhere with her fist in her mouth. I cooed at her just because she is so adorable. I picked her up and grabbed some toys for christian and made my way back to my room. I placed his toys in front of him and sat on the floor with amilia so I could play with her there. I layed her on her back and blew on her stomach while tickling her sides and in result, she laughed so hard that she started to pull on my hair. She may have been a baby but she had a strong grip, no kidding. "Ow amilia, that hurted sissy" I told her with the pouty face on. She immediately stopped and her lips started to quiver and face and fists started to scrunch up. I then knew that she was going to cry so I apologized and kissed her on her cheek. She automatically stopped crying and smiled at me, I swear this baby knows what she's doing. I shook my head and got to teach her how to walk since I didn't know what else to do to keep her entertained. Not so soon after christian decided to cry so I picked amilia and christian sat them in their swings to keep them busy

Walked downstairs to make dinner for my mom since it was 6:00. I made lasagna, baked fish, salad, and an oreo cheesecake. By the time I was all down with everything it was 7:00 and I knew she was going to be home soon so I took christian and amilia a bath. While I was taking them a bath all I could think about was that this is how my life is going to be unless some miracle happen. I love my mom, I do, but she doesn't even look me in my face and that hurts. If she isn't going to even address me then I'll just have to make her.

A Couple Weeks Later

So far, I've been putting my plan in action and it's working. This thug type of dude is rubbing my mom the wrong way, I don't date them, but if it means she'll pay attention to me then I'll do it. "Abree, that boy is not any good, I don't want you to get hurt in the cross fire" She told me while sitting on my bed while I was texting Kaden. See what I mean? I smiled but she didn't see it. " I'm fine mom geez, I thought you had work?" I questioned. "I do but I'm sitting here talking my baby girl because she needs some guidance obviously she needs guidance" she said with sass. I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I just scoffed and walked out of my room. When I made it out of the front door I went directly into kaden's arms since he was waiting on me in front of his black and red camero. My mom came out the door yelling me to come back but I just got in his car and turned up the radio. I was still looking at her when we had pulled off. I asked him where were we going and he just replied with," Somewhere" so I just left it alone.

He took me to the movies to go see "TAMMY" and I was so happy. I've been wanting to see this movie for a while now. "Yes mame, what can I get you?" The guy asked behind the counter. Before I could answer kaden spoke. " Give her the nachos with the cheese on top with a large sprite then let me get the large popcorn with a large sprite, thanks little man" Kaden said. The guy behind the counter looked annoyed and rung it up while a girl fixed the stuff. " That will be $27.75 sir" The guy said. "Dang ya'll gettin high as freak, this better be some good ole nachos and popcorn." Kaden said while snatching the popcorn and nachos while I grabbed the drinks and thanked him. "Oh so you thanking the dude now, what? You want him to heat yo oven or something" He yelled. I just rolled my eyes and walked off saying," I ain't about to deal with your bull fish stuff right now, always assuming stuff, I swear bro." "Huh! What you mumbling under yo breath? Don't make me whoop yo butt!" I just kept walking.

All through the movie he was mad and when we got back to his house, he did indeed whoop my tail. I never thought he would lay a hand on me, but that's not the worse part. He made me move in with him and he beats me like everyday over little petty stuff. I can't even look at a man for 3 seconds without him thinking things so I just stay in the house. "You cleaned the house like I asked you to?" He asked. "I only just have the laundary to do" and just like that, I was slapped. "I told you to have the freaking house cleaned by the time I got back" He yelled at me as he kicked me in the side. I started coughing badly and explaining to him at the same time that, I just a little break but he was not liking that, so he kicked me again and walked off. I wish I would have listened to my mama about him. She told me he was bad news but I didn't listen, and when I did start to distance myself from him he wouldn't let me. So now I'm here, hurting, and more unhappy that I ever have been in my entire life of living. I may be 18, but I have gone threw so much stuff. Not only did he beat me, but he raped me and took my virginity, and now I'm a couple of weeks along. I don't want my baby growing up like this, I should just end it here. I felt a punch go across my face as my head whipped to the side. "You ignoring me now? HUH! Answer me!" He yelled. Yep! I should definitely end it. I'm surprised I haven't lost it yet. "I hear you" I whisper, my voice breaking at the end.

"Ok then, next time answer me on time or I won't be too kind." " Yes sir, I hear you" He makes me call him sir as a sign of respect. He just smiled and nodded and walked away. My milk chocolate skin looked so dull along with my hazel eyes. I started thinking of my baby sister and baby brother and wondered how they were doing. I suddenly felt this, this surge of energy, power. I wasn't going to live like this, so I quietly walked into the kitchen and got the butcher knife. I knew he was sloppy drunk since he came in drunk and had drunk some more shots, so I made my way into the room. I ran up to him and stabbed him in the back, I heard his surprised and pain filled gasps. He then grabbed me off of him then procedded to choke me. I scratched him in the eyes then he jumped up, I then took that chance to hit him but he blocked it then slapped me.

I flew into the wall and I felt him kick me in the stomach and from then and there......I knew I lost my baby. My vision became blurry and I held my stomach as I cried but I knew I couldn't give up so I grabbed the closest thing to me. Due to my blurry vision I don't know what I picked up but we started wrestling over it.

All of a sudden.......I heard a gun shot but I didn't know if I was shot because I started to black out after I was punched again.

THE END

1) Listen to your mother when she's telling you something concerning your own safety.

2) If you want your mother's attention, just talk to her, tell her how you feel, start a conversation with her