Nightlight

With skillful hands she created her glass. With careful fingers she formed a lightbulb and created a nightlight for her firstborn newborn granddaughter. Years passed and the little girl came to visit her grandma very often and spent the night most days when her parents worked late. And each night she came over the little girl would stare at the nightlight until she feel asleep. The light never went off even in the day because her doll and stuffed animals needed it in her bedroom that remained dark even with the daylight outside. There were no windows in the room as protection for the child at night. A few years passed and the girls parents abandoned her. One day they moved to LA for a better job but left her in the care of her grandmother. The poor grandma did not even know of this plan but after a few days it became obvious that she would be the girl's caretaker. The toddler grew to be a young girl and her dark memories were partially hidden by the business of school. She grew up until she was beautiful and celebrated her 13th birthday. Even then her light did not go out. It seemed to be unbreakable and she could not bring herself to break the charm of her grandma's love. Several years later the girl went to college and the light still shone bright. A few months after entitling to the local college grandma died...and the light burnt out.