Daddy? Your little girl has come home.... | Teen Ink

Daddy? Your little girl has come home....

By hiddenprincess GOLD, Millersburg, Ohio
hiddenprincess GOLD, Millersburg, Ohio

I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
I am a dreamer and no one will ever take that away from me.
People may say that you will be nothing but you may say Watch me!

All I want to do is fall asleep in your arms, and be carried off to bed. You carry me to my bed Daddy and put me in it. Goodnight Daddy, I say as you give me a kiss on the head.

I'm scared of this change Daddy, scared of all the new things. What if the kids are mean to me Daddy? You say it will be alright and I will love it here. I return home this day and you were right Daddy! I can't wait to go back!

I come home crying, I never want to go back. I was an idiot to think it was going to work, I'm never going to fit in. All my friends are leaving me. I'm all alone now. You lied to me! You said I would fit in. You come to me and comfort me saying You'll always be there. I cry my self to sleep on your shoulder and you once again put me to bed.

I cant believe I've come this far in life, tassel by my face. As you snap a couple pictures, a diploma in my hand. You say congrats Baby Girl! I told you that you would make it in the end. We all go home and laugh and joke with family and my friends. I cry as I hug them all, afraid I'll never see them again. You tell me that I'll see them again soon enough for high school was only a short time.

I cant believe this day has come Daddy, even if you hoped it never would. He stands across from me putting a ring on my left hand. You dance with me slowly and a tear falls from your eye. Your no longer my little girl, you say, your voice breaking and cracking. No Daddy your wrong, I manage. Crazy as it sounds I will always be your little girl even 30 years from now. You tell my new husband to care and cherish me and warn him of the consequences if he should ever fail. I see your face growing smaller in the mirror as we drive away from this small town.

I see you laying there and I cant help but think, why did you go anywhere? I cant do this on my own Daddy, I need you here with me. You little girl needs you and your little assurances along the way. I don't know how to fit in life without you behind me. I don't know what to tell the kids when they ask why grandpa isn't here to go fishing or to tell them a story. I need to hear your voice Daddy, if only one more time. I want to go back to the time when you'd put me to bed after I cried in your arms. I want to take back what I said when I called you a liar. It was a rough time in middle school and I only got through it because of you Daddy. I miss you already Daddy as I give you one last kiss goodbye.

It's your little girl again Daddy. I hope that you can hear. I'm scared to leave them behind, leaving them lost and alone is what I fear. The doctors say it won't be long, that my frail hands will cease to move but I know up in Heaven they will be renewed. I'm coming to join you Daddy, I can feel the time near. Daddy! Daddy, I can see you standing by my bed. I take your hand in mine and you help me stand, my body no longer frail and worn. You say it's time to go home and that my family will be fine. We all learn to deal with death though it will take some time. I walk with you through the streets of gold and I smile then give you a hug. I missed you so much Daddy I whisper in your ear. I will always be your little girl Daddy. And your little girl has finally come home...

This is how every little girls life should be but not how it is. Many girls don't have a father figure in their lives these days which leads them to turn to looking for that masculine love in the wrong places and people. My heart always hurts for them because no one should feel that way and if you feel that way, please know your not alone. You are never truly alone.

hiddenprincess GOLD, Millersburg, Ohio

Im sorry if it upset you in anyway. Your not alone though, please always remember that

hiddenprincess GOLD, Millersburg, Ohio

Thank you so much!

Kaleigh27 BRONZE, Mendon, Utah

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -JK Rowling

Really brilliant idea! I love the way it is written. Kind of like Spoken Word Poetry. :) I hope you write more!

Christmassbaby, Round Rock, Texas

"If you tell me I throw like a girl, it might be because I am one."

This was really touching since I lost my dad when I was twelve. It really hits home and is well written.