A Trip to the Beach | Teen Ink

A Trip to the Beach

By tspoon83 SILVER, Roselle Park, New Jersey
tspoon83 SILVER, Roselle Park, New Jersey

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
- Dr. Maya Angelou

As I woke up in my twin bed I could smell the aroma of bacon, eggs, and pancakes cooking downstairs. The sun shined through my wide- framed glass window creating a glimpse of a rainbow on my watch. “7:15” my clock read. I groggily hopped out of bed and put on my cheetah slippers and my navy blue robe. Slowly, but surely I made it down the stairs. My mother greeted me with a steaming hot plate with all of my favorite foods. I smiled, showing my pearly whites one by one. Today would be the day we headed down to the Jersey Shore, well if you want to get specific: 7 Presidents Beach. I couldn’t contain my excitement. Last night, Mom and I had even went to Target to get a boatload of candy and swim tops. I gobbled down my food and headed back to my room to get ready. I put on my turquoise ,strapless bikini occasionally looking at myself in the mirror. I then put on my coral crop top and tropical printed shorts. Then to top it off I added my white Raybans and neon pink flip flops. I packed my Beach Bag too; including my towel, change of clothes, headphones, a summer read, plus my favorite candies and snacks (Twizzlers, Swedish fish, cookies, and Nutella & Go). Mom was ready too. We headed out the door to load the beach chairs and mats to our SUV. We headed down the parkway with the music blasting and two girls ready to swim and catch some rays. After a long hour drive we finally arrived at our destination. The air smelled of salt and the sand was right at our toes. We unloaded and paid our fares and set up close to the water. Immediately I took of my shorts and headed for the water. With anxiety up my shoulder and the fear of people looking I crashed right into a wave. It felt so good to have the cold water on my body and swim. I finally stayed in the water just enough to lay down on my mat and listen to to my favorite music. The sun beat down on my back and legs luckily I had put a lot of sunscreen on. I popped a few twizzlers in my mouth and drunk my cold, refreshing Iced Tea. After getting tired of laying there I went back into the water and caught another wave. We decided it was time for lunch so we left the beach and headed to a restaurant down near the piers. I ate the largest Pulled Pork Sandwich and drunk the sweetest lemonade ever. My mom obviously trying to be healthier ate a salad. After lunch we were so pooped we decided to head home. I had fun at the beach and I think mom did too. This was the best Trip to the Beach.

Yesterday, I went to the beach. And I decided this would be a good subject to write about and use a lot of description.