You'll Never Know | Teen Ink

You'll Never Know

May 29, 2014
By MattD BRONZE, Hanover Park, Illinois
MattD BRONZE, Hanover Park, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can take everything I have, you can break everything I am, like I'm made of glass, like I'm made of paper. Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper."

Demi Lovato


Every person has a cost. It doesn't really matter if you think you have a cost or not. I know you do. My cost is ADHD. I've known I've had it since I was seven years old. I was diagnosed at the age of nine. I guess that's just how life works. Someone is always going to try to screw with you. Anyway, this is the story of how my cost was brought up in school. I guess I must of zoned out in class, because as soon as Mr. Neilon asked me if I knew what pie was (we were in math class) and I said no. Then he told me that it's all we have been talking about all period. I called him a liar, and got sent to the principal's office. I got lunch detention for a week. After that breakout, people started asking why I did that. I told them I didn't know, which was a lie(I'm not a very good liar). After that people started calling me a spastic liar. I told them it wasn't true, but all anyone did was say it even more than before. I became a social outcast in the matters of a month. The name spread like wildfire, and eventually, I began to believe what they said. I would sit at the foot of my bed and cry every night. I guess I never realized that they were wrong. But anyway, after a while, I began to show people that if they have the gut to call me names, I could have the gut to make fun of them too. I turned into a jerk. But as soon as I found out that teachers were actually spying on me because of tattletales, I stopped. Now I am in heaven. People don't understand how much they hurt me. Just because I'm different doesn't mean it's ok to make me feel like crap. Think about what you say to people. It can impact someone so greatly that they decide to kill themselves.