Perched on the Needle of the Empire State | Teen Ink

Perched on the Needle of the Empire State

By Nightwalker BRONZE, Havre, Montana
Nightwalker BRONZE, Havre, Montana

The world is your stage-unkown

Perched on the needle of the Empire State, you think. What could I do? What could I have done? Then the wind picks up and makes you waver. Now focus on standing still, dumb a**. You fall now, it would take a minute to splat on the ground. Just hope there’s no open casket.

If you squinted hard enough, you could see cops running around, wondering if this was a cry for attention or the real deal. If you listened hard enough, you could hear the sirens. Focus on standing still.

At least it was warm. But dark clouds worked their way closer, slowly covering the horizon. Everyone else in this city is worried about what happens next on Desperate Housewives or worrying about how much time they have left for lunch. Waste of time. Worrying about the wind knocking you off , that’s something. You think about climbing off, taking the elevator to the lobby. Or taking that one step express way.

Well, if you would ask: What quote is running through your mind now? Then I would stop and think, while all the lights from flashes explode. The answer would be: You done good kid, you done good.

What was the last thing to go through the fly’s mind as it hit the windshield? Its a**. Haha. You laugh because you think it’s funny. Bet yea the fly didn’t think it was funny.

You think back, to why fate or God put you here in the first place. Did you recite your prayers perfectly? Did you read the bible from front to back? Or maybe God got bored, wondering how fast a human body could fall.

You think about if there’s an afterlife. Heaven or Hell? Rebirth? Maybe even Muslim heaven, whatever that is. Waste of time, you will find out eventually.