Easy Escape | Teen Ink

Easy Escape

By tinyteenie2 GOLD, Alliance, Ohio
tinyteenie2 GOLD, Alliance, Ohio

It was a bright sunny day an elderly woman awoke to the sound of a nurse knocking upon the door. A nurse entered quietly with a greeting of hello slowly the elderly woman awoke and smiled her daughter stood behind the nurse. The daughter approached told the nurse that she wished to take her mother outside. The nurse nodded and helped the elderly woman out of bed and onto her feet. The elderly woman’s daughter grabbed her mother’s hand and lead her down the stairs leading outside so they could hold a conversation.
While the daughter’s back was turned the elderly woman grabbed her daughter’s keys off the table where she placed them. Got up and rushed to her daughter’s car opened the drivers door which was unlocked sat down inside and locked it . Inside of the car the elderly woman put

on her seat belt and started the car.The daughter became alert when she heard her car’s engine and noticed her mother inside slowly driving toward the exit of the retirement home speeding up only when she needed to, the elderly woman was glad to be leaving the retirement home.
Once she reached the gate to the outside she looked both ways then drove where the GPS told her to go which was her daughter’s house. She took a left turn 10 miles ahead of the retirement home then another left turn 30 miles ahead and a right turn after 20 miles she searched for her daughters house. Which she remembered being described as short in height and long in width bricked siding. The roof was a dark grey and the brick was a blackish color, there was two windows on the front both had red curtains blocking view into the inside.
The mother turned the car into the driveway smoothly and then parked in the back of the house where there was room. Once she parked she left the car and unlocked the back door entered the kitchen then re-locked the door. Walked upstairs to the guest bedroom and fell asleep on the queen bed with red quilt and sheets. Shortly after she heard the front door being opened and footsteps approaching her it was her daughter who began to beg and plead her to go back but the elderly woman refused.
The daughter gave up and sighed but smiled once she saw the smile on her mother’s face she knew she was not happy there. The elderly woman smiled due to her knowing she won and that she was no going back to the retirement home and if she did she would do the same thing just to leave it forever.