Lost.. | Teen Ink

Lost..

By Steven_Hyde GOLD, Auburn, New York
Steven_Hyde GOLD, Auburn, New York

"Just Do It"
- Nike
"An eye for an eye only makes the world blind"
- Ghandi

It's day seventy-four.. Here I am, I'm in the forest and I had been separated from the group. I've been wondering around the forest for a while. I have no more food but plenty of water. I have about 12 gallons of water left. Enough to last me about a month. I'm lost, scared, and Im hungry. I need hunting tools is i want to survive the wreched place. I think I will sart with a spear. All I need is a thick stick and a rock.. Good thing I have this knife on me.. I thought to my self.. "And mothr said this knife was no good. Ha look how its helping me survive."

Okay so now i have the parts to build the spear.. When all of a sudden i heard a loud growl.. It was a tiger.. I was so scared I started running.. I ran so fast that It looked like i was going faster than the sped of light. When I turned around I didn't see the tiger. But turning around was the biggest mistake of my life. When I turned back around I slammed right into an Oak tree. It hurt so bad. But I got up easily. When I looked around i saw nothing.. But then... The tiger jumped out and let out a huge ROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!!! I jumped into the tree hoping the tiger wouldnt follow.. Of course he did..

I jumped down and began running again.. But this time i didn't make it far because there was a cliff.. And of course I fell off it.. Thak God Thare was water at the bottom... When I looked up I saw The Tiger falling after me. I swam as fast as i possibly could.. When I turned around The tiger was comming after me. Then all of a sudden i thought I saw an alligator swimming after me as well.. And sure enough there was i thought to myself.. "God, why me, what did I do to you to deserve this?" When as if out of nowhere, I felt someones hand grab me.. I thought for sure I was saved.. But I was wrong.. It was Native Americans.. They wanted to sacrifice me.. I swam as fast as i could.. That was a big mistake because i swam right for the tiger..

When my eyes met the tigers.. It looked as if it were pleading for help.. So I've decided to help the tiger out of the very large river. When we got out it seemed as if h wanted my companionship.. So I thought this could be great.. He could be my protector. I wanted to give hime a name. So I decided to call him Richard.. Richard was a particular;y small tiger, but he was ferocious. When the alligator came out of the water Richard attacked him and the alligator went back into the water and swam away.. Then the Native Americans came to shore and I began to run. Richard came shortly after. I climbed on his back and he ran so fast i thought I saw more Native Americans.. of course I did.. And they came running after us..

So we decided to fight.. Richard gave a freocious roar.. It scared them away.. For now.... Then I decided to make shelter. So I made a large space for Richard.. Which turned out pretty nice. Richard seemed to enjoy his new home. He got right down and slept.. I knew he was exhausted. I was exhausted as well.. So I got right up next to Richard and I passed out.. I awoke to Richards roar.. I was trying to wake me up because he had gotten hungry.

So then we went hunting. I had thougt to my self "with Richards help this will be a breeze." Richard had caught to Deer a buck and a doe I ate the doe because she was smaller than the buck.. I didn't eat the whole thing because she was stll big.. So i decided To make a left-overs room.. When I was done I heard the Native Americans War Call.. I was scared. But Richard wasn't, he got right up and attacked them.. Killing about two dozen.. The rest fleed..

After we had brought in the leftovers I becan feeling sick.. I told Richard that he could go and be free.. His debt was over.. But he didn't seem to want to leave. He got right next to me and layed right next to me attempting to keep me warm.. I work.. the next day i felt even worse.. i was throwing up.. I said out loud I bet it was from the raw meat I ate.. I fell asleep.. The next morning I died.. Richard Let out the loudest roar of all time. And ran off into the forest with out looking back....

THE END

on Mar. 14 2014 at 9:50 am
Emayen_Laweit_Ryuzaki SILVER, Denver, Colorado

The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest. - unknown
no matter how gifted you are you alone can not change the world... but that's what makes it so special. - L

gosh I like this story a lot!!