Invisible Boy | Teen Ink

Invisible Boy

By Mahikan BRONZE, Edmonton, Other
Mahikan BRONZE, Edmonton, Other

"A means to the end"

Walking down the hall with a slouch not looking up because I know what will be found. There will be rows upon rows of people all of whom do not even know that I am here let alone exist. As I pass an acquaintance I put my hand up in greeting he sees right through me and passes right by me not even giving a small nod. I am a smart student so the teacher leaves me alone to my own devices. To the middle I go hoping someone will take heed of me nearby and talk to me even “that seat is saved” would do but like always the row upon rows of piers ignore like I am the invisible man but yet still a boy alone As I pull out my things the only people that notice me come by and hit them from my hand a loud THUMP comes as they hit the ground but still no one turns around, no one bothers to investigate the sound.
The day goes on the usual way the people that notice me takes swipes at me minute by minute, hour by hour my cries of help echo off the walls. No one is going to be a hero that I need to stand up to those to who notice me because I am the invisible boy everywhere I go no one notices me. As the bell rings people cheer with glee and quickly exit the school while I take my time to get my things and readying for the beating I am about to receive by those who notice me. As I walk out the doors I see them standing there waiting for me. Plastered on their faces where smiles of sadistic glee. They grabbed me by the scruff of my neck and dragged me to the ally way and started kicking and punching me to their hearts desire and after they went I could not feel anything.
An hour passed before I could feel my body again. I grabbed the wall and hoisted myself up and limped all the way to my home where my mind would battle itself. As I opened the door immediately I went up to my room. From there I closed the door and opened the closet, where a rope waited for me. With a huff I sat on the bed and stared at the rope. I sat there for hours pondering what I should do, use the rope or fight the same battle again for more years to come and as I sat there many thoughts came to mind. So badly I wanted to use the rope to end the pain and suffering I had. As I sat there I thought of no reasons why I should not use the rope. As I hoisted myself up and limped slowly to the rope. Then a thought came to my mind one I haven’t thought of before. If I were to use the rope the people who notice me would win this war that has been raging for years and years. Just thinking of that made me so out raged I could not let them win no matter what. So I slammed my closet door and decided I will live on.

It's tone is sad so if you feel sad don't read it. It won't do you any good.