Drowning | Teen Ink

Drowning

By erinmlynch SILVER, Avon Lake, Ohio
erinmlynch SILVER, Avon Lake, Ohio

"What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable." - John Green

My aching bones plunged into the deep blue abyss. The water separated as my curled toes broke the surface of the water. Ripples immediately clung to me as the water engulfed my body. I released my breath, embracing the last bit of air I had left. As the rope around my ankles descended, my heart sank. Realization of my decision broke throughout my body and I try to flare my legs, hoping a miracle would bring me back to the surface. But I just keep sinking. My lungs burn as the water begins to flood them. I feel heavy, the water pulling me to the ocean floor. I look up at the surface, the sun sparkling against the water, before shutting my eyes for the last time.

After hearing of deaths and suicides by drowning, I could only imagine how scary but peaceful drowning must be. I wrote this little article from the point of view of a person committing suicide by jumping off of a cliff into water. Just writing it made me realize a lot about drowning.

Although it is a sad piece, I feel as it will help a lot of people realize how precious life really is. Even writing this piece, I started to think about how much I would miss if something like this happened to me.

I hope all readers will realize that things like this do happen to people. Be nice to everyone, even if they aren't nice back, because you just might save their life.

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

This is really good, the only thing I would do is make a little longer, perhaps explain some of the thoughts they have, the good and thw bad memories, or how the fish swimming by witohut a glance reminded the person of the people in their own life. other than that, I really liked this piece. It had a solid founddation, great topic, and an awesome author! Keep writing please! o^_^o

Popcornjazz SILVER, Gahana, Ohio

Live life while you can

Wow I could never imagine what drowning would be like but you just had described it