In The Trees | Teen Ink

In The Trees

October 29, 2013
By LordoftheFridge BRONZE, Loveland, Ohio
LordoftheFridge BRONZE, Loveland, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Acting is the worst description of acting, ever"


It looked dark and uninviting when standing in front of the rocky, dusty trail. With a sigh and a tinge of curiosity you walked ahead, the sound of the rocks crackling beneath your curious feet. You were headed on an adventure and were both excited, scared but, overall, peculiar of what was ahead on this trail. Leaves so many leaves, you were ready to dodge and squeal at any spiders or living other creatures. But, once you worked up enough courage to make that last step, breathing in the cool, fresh air you step on ahead through the trees and leaves. It was a dirt trail now, growing steeper and steeper but, you didn’t care, you were too blown away by the sky-high trees above your head. The light cascaded down from the canopy of light-green foliage. It was a beautiful day for once, well, as beautiful as it could get these days. It was spring when all the trees grew luscious and the air smelled crisp and pure from what remained of winter. You gape at this endless beauty, but your journey through this, or what seemed, a dark, dangerous trail, the dirt path beckoned you forward, there was nothing to fear. The trees almost seemed to protect you, you weren’t sure from what, but they did, a nice reassurance, you thought to yourself. You walked forward each step becoming quicker than the next, with the occasional crack of branches beneath your feet. So much wonder and delight. You then reached what you had hoped for, an entrance to this trail? It led to a vast field of tall golden grains, good for the occasional lounging of deer. You had this place all to yourself.


The author's comments:
An unfinished writing piece about a trail and place I loved and want you to (hopefully) love.