You'll Be Missed | Teen Ink

You'll Be Missed

October 24, 2013
By Fann5 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Fann5 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Treat other like you want to be treated...


Throughout the years something unexpected had happened to me, something that ruined my childhood forever. On March 26, 2012 I received the worst news of my life; my parents had been in horrible car accident. I was 7 when this horrible tragedy happened I knew I was on my own from now on.

On March 26, 2012 in a horrible car accident I lost my parents forever. It was a Friday night when I found out. I would never see them again. That night an officer came to my house and took me with him, because I was in my house by myself. I was so scared I didn’t have my parents, money or siblings that could help me. They took me to and Foster home. I didn’t know anybody there. They treated me so bad, they would mistreat me and they didn’t feed me often I was starving. It was a terrible experience. The day the officer took me with him I thought my life would change completely.

Indeed my life did change I had no one. But one day, unexpected the most wonderful thing happened to me. I was about to go to lunch and they called me down to the office. I got there and there were two people that I haven’t seen before. Ms. Smith, the principle told me that they would like to meet me. I got to talk to them couple times, we got really close and then they ended up adopting me. I was really happy because I knew that my life would change completely. I would have someone to take care of me.

Years went by, it’s now June 20, 2020 and it’s my 15th birthday. I’m really happy I’m going to have a quinceanera, my family and friends are going to be there. I never thought that I would be this happy like I am now. I’m enjoying my teen hood with my family and friends. But I will never change my happy memories with my real parents at all, because those memories are unforgettable and will always last a lifetime.

On January 13, 2021 I was outside sitting down on a bench, sad and missing my parents wishing I could see them one more time. I can still remember my 6th birthday party with my parents happy and laughing. Cake very colorful but all this is just happy memories, that I have and I will always have a big smile on my face and never will forget all the special memories we’ve had.