You'll Be Missed | Teen Ink

You'll Be Missed

By Fann5 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Fann5 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Treat other like you want to be treated...

Throughout the years something unexpected had happened to me, something that ruined my childhood forever. On March 26, 2012 I received the worst news of my life; my parents had been in horrible car accident. I was 7 when this horrible tragedy happened I knew I was on my own from now on.

On March 26, 2012 in a horrible car accident I lost my parents forever. It was a Friday night when I found out. I would never see them again. That night an officer came to my house and took me with him, because I was in my house by myself. I was so scared I didn’t have my parents, money or siblings that could help me. They took me to and Foster home. I didn’t know anybody there. They treated me so bad, they would mistreat me and they didn’t feed me often I was starving. It was a terrible experience. The day the officer took me with him I thought my life would change completely.

Indeed my life did change I had no one. But one day, unexpected the most wonderful thing happened to me. I was about to go to lunch and they called me down to the office. I got there and there were two people that I haven’t seen before. Ms. Smith, the principle told me that they would like to meet me. I got to talk to them couple times, we got really close and then they ended up adopting me. I was really happy because I knew that my life would change completely. I would have someone to take care of me.

Years went by, it’s now June 20, 2020 and it’s my 15th birthday. I’m really happy I’m going to have a quinceanera, my family and friends are going to be there. I never thought that I would be this happy like I am now. I’m enjoying my teen hood with my family and friends. But I will never change my happy memories with my real parents at all, because those memories are unforgettable and will always last a lifetime.

On January 13, 2021 I was outside sitting down on a bench, sad and missing my parents wishing I could see them one more time. I can still remember my 6th birthday party with my parents happy and laughing. Cake very colorful but all this is just happy memories, that I have and I will always have a big smile on my face and never will forget all the special memories we’ve had.