Dear friend | Teen Ink

Dear friend

By Jacelyn PLATINUM, Ft. Irwin, California
Jacelyn PLATINUM, Ft. Irwin, California

A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else.

Dear friend,
Hi, you probably don't remember me. I was the girl that you hung out with a few years ago? Oh well. I just wanted to say that I forgive you.
I remember those times when you laughed at me. Do you remember when I confessed to you about the person I liked and you made me keep talking about him? You don't? Well, he was standing right behind me. Thanks again for that. Shortly afterwards I realized what a jerk he was. Oh, but I really hated you for that back then. What type of friend would let someone do that? Do you remember how I flung my pencil at you and we screamed at eachother and we were sent to the principal's office? Now, I laugh at that memory.
Anyway, I still remember those dark nights after your parents divorce. You were so broken. You constantly came to my house and would cry so hard while I just sat there. I didn't know what to tell you. I couldn't say that I understood because I didn't understand. I couldn't understand the fact that you were crying over a father who hit you and a mother who ignored you. I tried to tell you this but you wouldn't have any of it. You threw pillows at me, screaming, while I stammered apologizes until you eventually calmed down. I'm sorry that I couldn't do more to help you.
I only have one more thing to say to you.
As I look back on the past, I don't think we were very good friends. Yes, I called you my best friend but nearly every interaction we had ended in a fight. We really had some stupid fights then. When I told you I wanted to be the best actress every, your gaze turned cold and said you were going to be number one. When you started dating Johnny the Hottie and I screamed at you because I liked him. I don't know how our relationship lasted for so long.
That's really all I had to say. You were stuck on my mind but know those feelings are gone. Thank you for being my friend and preparing me for life. I don't think we'll every meet again.
Goodbye,
- Your old friend
P.S. I made it as number one actress. Watch some of my shows some time.
P.P.S. Oops, I forgot you probably don't remember me.