Simple Tale | Teen Ink

Simple Tale

July 12, 2013
By Elizasparrow PLATINUM, Midvale, Utah
Elizasparrow PLATINUM, Midvale, Utah
31 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"And you have your choices,
And these are what make man great,
His ladder to the stars.”
~Mumford & Sons


Many worlds ago, there were two young people who were very much love. They were not the typical fairy tale folks, though: They could wed at any time. No restrictions were placed upon them, and no dragon barred their way. The only thing holding them back was the fact that neither knew where the other was.

Years passed, and the young woman found her heart never quite full. Beaus came and went for her, lending a little warmth; somewhat filling the cup, but never quite enough. The trail of broken hearts she left behind her was echoed a thousand times by her own.

The young man could never find repose. His friends urged him to settle down, for there was never anyone he particularly disliked, but he could never quite find it in himself to truly love any of them. Eventually, all of his companions married and left him to their pasts. He kept searching, begging the heavens to allow him this one solid in return for his virtuous life, but time went on and soon he gave up all hope.

The woman never let go of the ache deep in her soul that told her someone out there was waiting for her, just as she waited for him. She wandered, dancing subdued through life unattached, safe in the knowledge that the joy she deserved would be granted unto her.

One day, the man was nearly killed and wound up in the woman's care.

It only took one glance for her heart to be filled to the point of bursting.

It only took one glance for his hope to be reinstilled, and his faith restored.

And they lived happily ever after.