Mirage | Teen Ink

Mirage

By MissPeach GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio
MissPeach GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio

God put the moon in the sky to remind us that our darkest moments will lead to our brightest

Dark chocolate hair impossibly soft, swaying with every step she takes. Bright hazel eyes that act as a mood ring. Long dark eye lashes standing bold and beautiful blocking the sun from the eyes they protect. Small button nose that gives softness to the piercing features around it. Plush red mouth desiring to be the center of attention. Perfectly tanned skin without any blemishes and as soft as the day she was born. What is she trying to hide? Dirty blond hair stiff from the chemicals fraying out of control. Eyes that open up all her secrets as she hides behind them. Short blond eye lashes colored black and then hidden by fake replicas of what they will never be. The cute little nose clogged with allergies that get in the way. Swelled lips with painful scars of where she bites them covered with thick red paint. Pale skin covered with pimples and red stains that can be only hidden by countless beauty products layered inches above her skin. Is before or after more beautiful? What would you do?