The Kid

Look up at that wall of quotes kid, pick one to fuel the fire in your young heart. Everyone's been where you're at now and yet you're feeling useless and doubting everything that you are. Writing in a notebook when you're supposed to be studying for that important test tomorrow. You'll scramble in the morning, won't you, battling the sleep that tries to bog you down.
What's the problem? Hate your peers, your teachers and all the family that doesn't call and never really did? Then you've got it, the job is yours. You can be a writer, just step inside and we'll show you around. Soon enough, your every thought is going to be poured onto paper.
You'll feel scared at first, afraid to show your true feelings, you're a fish out of water. You've always kept a straight face, it's a clean slate, nothing gets to you, right? Nah, you're all jelly inside, aren't you? You're screaming to be heard while everyone else only hears a peep, a sigh. Your heart is like everyone else's except that you were born with it broken and everything hurts. You'll go on, you'll carry on like all those other kids but you're different. You see the truth in the world that other people don't. It just kills you doesn't it? You can see other people too, you're a natural X-ray and hate it.
You even lack that fire that most people live off of.
That's why we need you kid, you're not that different, you're just like us. You can join us, the ranks of the elite, the writers of the world. Sure, it's going to be a hard life for you and you might turn to some sort of destructive addiction but you'll enlighten the future generations! It'll pay off in the end, we promise. You'll love it, absolutely love it once you get over the fact that you're bound for failure in the first billion words and then it just gets harder. But once you get past that, you'll find your truth, the thing that you search for in libraries and empty notebooks. You'll be great kid, I can see it in the emptiness of your eyes.

megcmusicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2 at 6:26 pm:
I'm pretty sure you just crawled inside my head and wrote down all my thoughts about writing... Only way better than I could have. Totally true. I liked it. Hope you get published, my friend.

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 3 at 6:59 am :
Thank you so much!

vegetariangirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 28 at 8:32 am:
This was great, reminded me of me, I tend to write even when I'm tired and have a million other things to do too!

Jan. 31 at 4:54 pm :
Yeah, that's me every day. I make myself write 2000-3000 words a day so I'm usually tired when I write and have to put things off. But I guess that's what you have to do to become the best that you can be! I love writing so much!

DragonToungThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 25 at 6:02 pm:
Wow, that really sounded just like me. You're amazing!

Jan. 31 at 4:52 pm :
Thank you! You people that reply on my work and leave criticism and nice comments are just the best!

ShahrierThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 8:37 pm:
other than the fact this is super long and dense, i loved it. it conveys emotion and imagery very well. (i dont know, but i keep thinking that someone could rap this) 

Jan. 11 at 9:12 pm :
Thank you! Really? I never thought about it that way! I guess I could see someone rapping it... Haha!

ShahrierThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 12 at 1:41 pm :
if strong language dosent bother you, you might look up 'ill mind of hopsin 5'. i read your other poems and you definately have a really good flow. and your works are also really deep.

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That, was poetry. Tip of the hat to you, RoyalCorona. I look forward to seeing you published.

Jan. 11 at 6:31 pm :
Thank you! This one has to be my favorite out of the things that I've posted on here and reading what you said makes me just blush with pride. Thank you so much!

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Cool, i really enjoyed this.. it was kind of vague, and that is why i really liked it. :) Great Job Carona! 

Sept. 27, 2013 at 5:45 pm :
Thank you so much! I thought that it seemed better vague than with vivid detail. Thank you!!

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 30, 2013 at 12:16 pm :
i totally agree!! 

OlveraJorge1 said...
Jun. 3, 2013 at 2:39 pm:
"I just started to write as fast as I could without any sort of direction at all."
Oh gosh, this piece is like a vague, hazy reflection of my mentality but only sometimes! I enjoyed the direction you took and think you really get people to think when reading your work

Jun. 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm :
Thank you so much!! 

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29, 2013 at 4:44 pm:
this is so cool! i love the voice you used

May 29, 2013 at 5:51 pm :
Thank you!! You guys seriously make my day with your nice comments and approval!

None0This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 28, 2013 at 11:17 pm:
This captured my thoughts on society nearly spot-on.   But since I don't judge on content (because ideas are variable between people), I'll just say, you have some awkward phrasing in the first third of the story, and some of your adjectives sound a little misplaced. Other than those minor errors, the piece is very well written.

May 29, 2013 at 9:30 am :
Thank you so much! Finally, someone has some criticism that I can act on! I love getting both constructive criticism and approval, it makes me stronger as a writer! Thank you!