On My Way.. | Teen Ink

On My Way..

By Steven_Hyde GOLD, Auburn, New York
Steven_Hyde GOLD, Auburn, New York

"Just Do It"
- Nike
"An eye for an eye only makes the world blind"
- Ghandi

Today was the day.. The day I finally ask her out. The day I was about to ask her out on Facebook, my internet crashed.. So I had to do it the old fashioned way. So the next day I awoke from my deep sleep eager to to ask and nervous to hear the answer. So like any ordinary day I woke up, went to the bathroom, went back up stairs to get dressed in the cutest clothes I could find in my closet. Then, I went back down stairs to eat my morning breakfast. After breakfast I walk into the bathroom a second time and brush my teeth and spike my hair the way she loves it.

After I'm done getting ready I walk out the door and wait for the school bus. And as I'm waiting and waiting I see the girl of my dreams.. All of a sudden I'm standing there with the scent of fear coursing through my entire body. My palms start sweating, my knees begin shaking. then she walks up and stands right in front of me. I could tell she sensed fear and a lot of it.

The bus finally arrives, I get on first then her right after. I sit in the way back and as I sit down I see her walking towards me. And as she gets to my seat before she has time to ask any thing I scoot over and let her sit right next to me.

Man What was I thinking why in the world would I let her sit next to me? Was it an instinct, or was it Gods way of telling me it was time.

So I clear my throat and ask, "Ali?" she answers "yes?" And I say 'never mind.." In response to that beautiful most attracting tone in her voice.

So we arrive at the school. As we are getting off the bus I ask her "can I hold your things and walk you to class?" And of course she says yes. And as we're walking to her classes I ask really fast "Ali will you go out with me?" I was expecting a no, but she said yes in the most exiting and most happiest voice ever. and she kisses me right on the lips..

Later on in the day I was so dumb founded that I couldn't say a word to any one I couldn't speak. I blushed through out the day, wondering when she'll kiss me again or if she'll hang out after school.. I was the happiest man alive until I saw it.. It was the worst thing I could've ever seen in my life. I walked right up to that boy and punched him square in the mouth. and I yelled "DON'T YOU EVER LAY A HAND ON ALI EVER AGAIN!!!" And that's the last I saw of him

on May. 13 2013 at 9:06 am
Steven_Hyde GOLD, Auburn, New York

"Just Do It"
- Nike
- Ghandi

Thanks guys :)

TargonTheDragon GOLD, Ofallon, Missouri

First dentistry was painless.
Then bicycles were chainless,
Carriages were horseless,
And many laws enforceless.

Next cookery was fireless,
Telegraphy was wireless,
Cigars were nicotineless,
And coffee caffeineless.

Soon oranges were seedless,
The putting green was weedless,
The college boy was hatless,
The proper diet fatless.

New motor roads are dustless,
The latest steel is rustless,
Our tennis courts are sodless,
Our new religion — godless.

same here, i wanna know what he was doing... kissing her or something?

on May. 10 2013 at 9:25 am
Crossfire SILVER, Duncan, South Carolina

"I want to be brave, and selfless, and smart, and kind, and honest. I'm still working on kind..." ~ Four A.K.A Tobias

Realistic and honestly open... I like it! Just would like to know what the boy did.

on May. 10 2013 at 9:22 am
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

The ending is kinda random....but overall I liked it

on May. 3 2013 at 9:21 am
SunnyDreams BRONZE, Niger Falls, Other

Can you feel what I have seen, when no one else has lived through what I have?-HalveOfLife

i LUV it this is awesome --Sunny---