Letters to the Mayor | Teen Ink

Letters to the Mayor

March 14, 2013
By cznat SILVER, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
cznat SILVER, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
5 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Letter to Mayor Michael Endener, May 22:

Dear Sir,

I am aware that you have been trying to build more businesses in our town. I understand that building a new supermarket will help our town's economy. What I don't understand is why on earth you have build it right where the oldest tree in the county is. What you are planning to do is unacceptable. And your reasons for cutting down the tree are simply ridiculous. You say that it's old anyways? That it's inconvenient? Are you planning on killing all the old people in the town as well? Should I start hiding my grandparents? I strongly urge you to dismiss all plans of cutting that tree down. Please be aware that I will not let you go through with this. And if you do try to do so, please be sure that you will be seeing me tomorrow at the execution of that innocent life. I'll be the one who will be chained to the tree.

Sincerely,
Anne Greener

-----------------------------

Letter to Mayor Michael Endener, May 24:

Dear Sir,

You may have already heard, but I was released from prison this morning on the grounds that they didn't have proof that it was I who sabotaged the bulldozer. I was, however, ordered to apologize to you. I am so sorry about that little incident about the fire. I had no idea it would get that big, and it was after all partially your fault. I mean, I wasn't the one who pressed that button... Oh, and I'm sorry about your car. I swear, I wasn't aiming at it. I'm pleased to hear, on the bright side, that you chose to reconsider your plans about building the supermarket where the tree is! I am disappointed, however, with your alternate location for it. There are very rare plants growing in that field. I was hoping that you could drop your restraining order on me and that we could get together to discuss it.

Hoping to speak to you soon,
Anne Greener


The author's comments:
I love trees. Don't cut down trees. Bad things will happen.