I'll Show You The Way

I wish I could show you the way,
take your hand and tell you all the things I thought.
All the things I know, and want, and wish.
But your sheltered and don't understand.
Your safe where you are and I know thats not going to change.
We are so different yet appear the same, and I can't help but marvel at all the things you have.
The toys you play with
The gadgets you use.
All of it bought,
all of it man made.
I wish I could explain to you my point of view of this world.
But you,
you would be offended.
So I shut my mouth and duck my head, and pretend that nothings bothering me, that nothings wrong.
I will continue to paint a pretty picture, and stare at a nice reflection even though the colors are smudged and the glass is broken.
I'm sorry for lying.
But if you let me,
I'll show you the way.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:45 am
Wow, Liv This one has such deep meaning. And one amazing trait of this piece is that different people gather different meaning. To me it was one of those reminders of how innocence is such a blessing and we never wish to be rid of it, yet it is vital that we see the world for what it truly is, but when t is revealed, we are horrified and we shut our eyes... I'm pretty sure when you wrote it you had something else in mind. But I must say it is beautifully written and has an impeccant ambiance... (more »)

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 20, 2013 at 9:21 am
This is awesome. You are so talented. I love the longing in this piece and how it flows so nicely when you read it. Very very good. :)

DeereGirl515 said...
 Very easy to relate to, but passionately described. This is beatiful and deep, I love it!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
AMEN!!! AMEN!!! AMEN!!! TESTIFY, Rev. Liv!!! Epic last line. EPIC. People can receive the truth if they just wanted to receive the truth, yet they choose to accpet lies as the truth. Coudln't have said it better myself. And the format to this is quite unique.

dagnytaggartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is really nice, I feel the same way about some people! My one critique would be the multiple grammar errors in this - it distracts from the beauty of the piece. I recommend just proofreading it, but other than that, great job!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like the title! This line, 'I will continue to paint a pretty picture, and stare at a nice reflection even though the colors are smudged and the glass is broken.' was by far my favorite. I really like this one, easily relatable and I can follow it. Great job!

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:05 am
This is inspiring. I can totally relate to this, in everyway. I just love it! Don't stop writting please! If you could could you check out some of my writting too? This is just AMAZING! :)

Shadowpomgurl said...
W-O-W!!!! that piece is be-YOO-tiful! you're so good! gonna check out some of ur otha stuff now, but jsyk, i gave it 5/5!! keep it up!   :)

Trees said...
I loved it!  It's really interesting and different.  Good job, and I am now going to read the rest of your stuff!  

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! I will definatly check out your work too (other comment up there does not count)