Drowning | Teen Ink

Drowning

By mickdarling21 SILVER, Fairfax, Virginia
mickdarling21 SILVER, Fairfax, Virginia

Hard work beats talent if talent fails to work

Drowning
I would take it back if I could….no...that’s a lie. I spent day after day, abused by my parents, and tormented by my peers. They had tested my strength time and time and then finally…..SNAP! I had tried so hard to contain all my emotions, but my endurance had snapped. Like a rubber band, stretched further than it is meant to. Day by day, I held in the pain, the tears, the fear, and only released it all in the little attic. There, I would cry until I had no strength. I was too distracted to focus on school, and that brought on the abuse from my parents. I wasn’t open with them, so they were never there to tell me that I was important and that I had potential. If only I had talked to them. Sorry, that’s another lie. Not like I was important anyways. Not like I was wanted. Enough is enough. And this time, I persevered more torcher than ever. As always, I ran to my attic, the one place I could hide. Tears in my eyes, fist clenched, I felt as though I was being dragged to the ground by 2 ton weights. Adrenaline pumped through my veins. I wasn’t scared this time. As I stood there in the dark, lifeless room, I grew overwhelmed. There were images, thought, ideas, and an explosion of reason. Seems they won’t be needing me anymore, I shouted. NO ONE CARES! With that, there were no regrets. Millions of emotions flashed through me, like fireworks. The ground came up from under me and began to flip, and it yanked me to the ground. In an instant, all the painful feelings were gone, except for one drowning thought. My battle was gone. The forces, backed down. Just like that. It was over.

This is from the point of view of a teenager, dealing with depression. I just wanted to raise awarness about teen suicide. You may not realize it, bout many people deal with this. Please be aware.