Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By perks123 GOLD, Scarsdale, New York
perks123 GOLD, Scarsdale, New York

My phone woke me up one night when you called. It was 3:36 a.m. All I could hear was a monster. And then you were gone. The Friday before Memorial Day was the day everything turned to s***. One missed call. I needed to get out. Piercing screams and chilling words attacked me. So I ran. Incoming call. “It happened again that night, okay. That’s why I’m here.” It’s my fault. I did this. Call waiting. F***. What do I do? I need to redo everything. But I can’t. “Listen, I’m okay. They won’t let me tell you where I am, but I’m okay.” I need you here, though. Now. I need your help. It’s all ruined. “You can’t see me for a while, but I’ll be back. All right? I promise.” You said you would be right there with me when I fell into hell. Well I’m falling. You’re not here. One new text message. I can’t go back. I’m coming to get you. It’ll all be better then. “Nothing’s going to happen. You’re fine. It’s too late now, anyway. I’ve got it much worse, trust me.” The noise roared from around the block. I’m done. I can’t believe it got to this. You deserved better. It’s over. I’m too tired to run any longer. I’m too tired to be able to fix this. The car stopped. I broke down. An unbearable intervention. Please, forgive me. Sleep. One new text message. A week goes by. Everything went back to normal. Text message inbox 90% full. “Is everything okay?” Yes.