Rains | Teen Ink

Rains

By Sage Greulich BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
Sage Greulich BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio

The soft pitter patter of rain fell on the single pane window of the small cottage. A small boy sat at the table coloring a blank sheet of paper. Then suddenly he began to let out a steady stream of water from his small ice blue eyes. “Mommy” the little boy screamed. His mother Lily cam running from the other room “What’s wrong” she gasped “There’s someone tapping on the window” said the boy “no no James that’s just the rain” “Look” she said throwing open the window to revel an empty woodland setting. “But I’m sure there was a man there mommy” “Its ok James I’m in the next room there’s nobody there, I’m in the next room your safe” “Ok” said the little boy. His mother went back to what she was doing in the other room “mommy there he is again the boy said. Not believing him she slowly came. She opened the window and again there was nobody there. “Its ok” she began to say but was cut off by her little boys screams. She turned but it was too late. The man plunged an icy cold dagger into her heart. She was dead before she even hit the floor. “Its Ok” said the man said the man just before he drew the knife across the little boy’s throat.