Rest In Peace

Yesterday morning, as people got up, and got into their cars, going to school and work or wherever, there was a boy and his mom on their way to school. Also on the same road was a girl, who wasn’t paying attention. She drove and drove across the median. The boy and his mom were talking, about Halloween that night and trick-or-treating, he was smiling wide. That smile was stopped when he saw a car was coming their way. The girl hit them. “9-1-1. What is your emergency?” The boy was dead. “Yes, I’d like to report a car wreck.” The mom was decapitated. “What’s your address?” The car didn’t have a roof.

This morning, people got up, and got into their cars, except the boy and his mom. Even an older man, who works hard to make a living got up and went to work, driving his truck. His daughter and grandson were killed yesterday. He never got to say goodbye and he never will. Kids still went to school even though everywhere there are reminders of their friend and classmate who were killed.

Rest in Peace.

CammySThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 6, 2012 at 6:39 am:
Woah. I really like the writing in the last paragraph, but the first could use a little work. Insted of telling us that  the girl wasn't paying attention, show us. Say something like: "And a couple bolcks away Amber-Lee drove like a madman, all her attention sucked up by the tiny glowing screen in her lap" and I think it would be nice if you gave us a little bit of the boy and his mom's conversation. You, know, make the reader love them before they get hit by a car. And on... (more »)

HiChanelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:02 pm :
I know it's not my best work, I was just writing to get my feelings out. Thank you for the criticism :)