O! The Fateful Whims of Fate!

Evening reigned in the land of sorrow. The birds flew overhead, their harmonious voices synchronizing to form a dirge-like song. Her lachrymose voice seeped through me as it told in words the story of misery, fate and will. I swayed slightly, my tears saturating the barren earth.
We started our journey alone. In the brief course of life, we met, but for so short a respite it almost seems like a dream. We enjoyed our time. But in our hearts we dreaded the day of parting, when we must continue on alone.
We were three friends. Three friends who had met by a whim of fate. Three friends who had been hurled together in the world of dejection. We only know that we met, for the first time, in the orphanage. That insignificant meeting marked the inception of a relationship none of us had prophesized.
At first our demeanor was shy and, to an extent, timid. Then the cord strengthened, till that eventful day when our identities merged in one. When we developed a bond stronger than any other bond in the world. As we reached the acme of love, our descent began, a sliding entry down the versant hill of hope in the abyss of destruction.
And we were shattered as we struck the ground. A jolt that pulled us out of our world. A sudden shock that left us chagrined. A saccade that threw us on the floor in the castle of humiliation. That was where we broke down.
Evening reigns in the land of sorrow. The birds fly overhead, their harmonious voices synchronizing to form a dirge-like song. Her voice is lost, forever and anon. I sway slightly, my tears saturating the barren earth.
Oh! When will it be my turn to die?