Best Friend | Teen Ink

Best Friend

By Shamsudin97 BRONZE, Reykjavik, Other
Shamsudin97 BRONZE, Reykjavik, Other

Only God Can judge me.

Best Friend
Her name was Jennifer; she was a brunette and had hazel eyes. She was the prettiest girl I have ever seen. „I can‘t believe that she‘s dead. She was my best friend and I loved her more than anything, she meant everything to me” Said Joey to the psychologist. She died in a car accident; the driver that ran over her was driving at 120 mph. I wish I could just kill the driver for doing this to her. She was only 16 years old. Only if I had one wish I’d bring her back to life. I haven’t slept since the accident. I remember when we first met in kindergarten, I was playing in the swings and then I saw her falling of her swing right on her face, she had a nosebleed and I said to her “ let’s take you to the kid’s doctor “ and I followed her to the doctor. After that we just played every day and have been friends since. We thought about a relationship but that would maybe ruin our friendship so we didn’t go that far. But those young years were the best!
I was with my other friends when her parents called me and told me that someone drove over her and she was at the hospital badly injured. Somehow I fainted then 1 ½ hour later I woke up next to her at the hospital and I asked the doctor if she was alive and the doctor said “no she just passed away 1 hour ago … “I cried so much, I thought about commit a suicide but then I realized that it wouldn’t bring her back and it wouldn’t change anything. I started saying prayers about her. That was the worst day of my life. 5 days later was her funeral, it was so sad, she was so loved by many people. We wrote on her headstone “When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice”

I skipped school in like 2 weeks, I just couldn’t go, and I missed her so much. But one evening I saw the driver going to the market and I took a kitchen knife with me, I followed him to his house, I started to peek into his window to see what he was up to. Then I saw a big window, it was open and I climbed and got inside. He went to the bathroom and I waited in front of the door with my knife in my hand. It was like he knew I was in front of the door because he just jumped on me and grabbed me then I asked him “ why did you have to do it “ then he said “ what did I do” then I started crying, he let me go and asked “what the hell are you doing here?” then I said “ you killed my best friend” and then he was about to grab me and then I stabbed him in the stomach and he fell down on the ground. What was I doing? I ran home and threw the knife in some garden. When I got home I went up my room and all my body started shaking I was thinking about what I should do. There was nothing to do. I went to sleep, stopped thinking about that.
I woke up all sweaty and then I realized it was only a dream, I s*** my pants I think.
Then I started to go to school again and meet my friends again and play sports and live my basic life. All Saturdays and Sundays I went to her parents and talked to her and we always went with flowers to her grave and we always prayed. I spent 1 month at a psychologist that helped a lot and made me move on with my life. But my life was never the same without Jennifer.

. said...
on Oct. 24 2012 at 8:15 am
will do ;)

CammyS SILVER said...
on Oct. 22 2012 at 7:21 am
CammyS SILVER, Papillion, Nebraska

No passion in the world is equal to the passion to alter someone else's draft.
H. G. Wells
Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let her scream.
Mark Twain

I like the plot. but you need to do some work on your sentence structure. They all sound the same: short, choppy, and beginning with "she" "I" ect. Also, when he is talking to the therapist, you might want to make that clearer because I was very confused.