This is Me....... | Teen Ink

This is Me.......

October 10, 2012
By SkilletRiser SILVER, Paterson, New Jersey
SkilletRiser SILVER, Paterson, New Jersey
6 articles 5 photos 1 comment

In the mirror there is this teenage boy. Every time he looks in the mirror, he feels fear because he feels he's looking at his true self: an ugly monster with dark, demonic eyes that make him feel like he's being ripped out of the world down to Hell. He's only seen smiling when he's around his friends because he has to put on a mask and only rarely is it his actual face. Every time he puts on his clothes he has to change 5 times because he feels so fat that he thinks the bulge of his stomach is noticeable, and has a low self-esteem when it comes to his body. He has to make himself look perfect because he's scared to be judged by his friends and beloved girlfriend. He had cut once and has attempted many times because he thinks his family makes him feel worthless and wants to find the hope to find his old self and be truly happy again but for now he can only escape the cruelty of the world around him through music, cutting attempts, and his girlfriend.


The author's comments:
I wrote this in inspiration of what's happened to me in the past and wanted to make a small description/story/passage....