I Am Tomorrow This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I am a scribe. Letters bend and break at the flick and twist of my hand. I can destroy worlds that I create. I am a master, peasant, cat, and viewer. I know everything, nothing, and am still trying to figure things out. I am a writer, I shall keep legends alive, memories forever, and will always have secrets.

I am a craftsman. I capture souls and hearts and place them carefully on paper, in clay, and every other material imaginable. I see colors and shapes that don’t exist. I find the mysteries of the earth and heavens. I am an artist, I’ll hold onto beauty, let lovely things escape, and always apprehend life.

I am a healer. I banish illness away and I bring people to themselves. I have chased away death, battled monsters and I have won. I make people relax and rest with a small gesture and pill. I whisper to them at night telling them things that dry their tears. I am a nurse, I will restore things, return the soul, and always save the ones I can.

I am a warrior. Lands and seas remain safe under my firm watch and steady patrol. I struggle against exploding evil and whizzing metal darts. I never run, never leave another behind, and never give up. I am a soldier, I will never loose, I will always beat evil, and I will always guard the ones I love.

I am a traveler. My footprints are plastered on every corner of the world. I’ve seen things from a point of view that no one can believe. I can move faster than the wind and sound. I am a pilot, I will always cross the ocean, I will always look birds in the eye, and I will never fall.

I am an explorer. I go where the world ends and come back. I see earth, so small. I’ve been away from you but I always watch you. I am an astronaut, I will hear what shooting stars whisper, I will breathe air where there isn’t any, and I will study the sun as it warms my old home.

I am a treasure hunter. I find things more precious than rubies and gems. I uncover forgotten pasts. I reveal the earth’s old friends. I am an archeologist, I will discover my ancestors, I will keep history alive, and I will uproot beasts that surely were once dragons.

I am a wizard. I cast spells of illusions over the watcher’s eyes. I bring unicorns, mammoths, zombies and vampires back to life. I can drag you back in time or whisk you into the future. I am a movie director; I blow things away, flood cities and can build castles in the sky.

I am an apprentice. I search for my path. Do I want to save others, bring them joy, or help them go into new exciting things? Do I want to do something new or what my parents perform? I am a child, I am tomorrow, I am the fate of the world and I have to choose.

ShelbyLala said...
Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:50 am:
Right. Well, I'll hang up my writers-block hoody, tuck away my ink bottle and quill, shelf my sand, and watch as my parchment curls and smokes into oblivion in the flames. I AM CRYING BECAUSE YOU ARE AMAZING. 

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:02 pm :
Thanks. :)

Labtopnerd This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This article was very well written. I felt that it described a writer's mind perfectly. Keep up the awesome work!

Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:01 pm :
Thanks!!!! ^___^

MorganDepp said...
Simply WOW.  This was an incredible read, you have a tremendous gift!  You have such great potential if you produce work like this when only a teen.  Never ever stop writing, please please please!

Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:01 pm :
Thank you soo much. :3

poemluv said...
Whoa. That is what I'd like to call a beautiful piece of writing.

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:54 pm :
Awww, thank you. :)

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thank you everyone for the comments!! I really love to read what you all think!! Also thanks to everyon who just read this!!

MayaS. said...
This was really pretty! My favorite line was the explorer's: "I will hear what shooting stars whisper, I will breathe air where there isn't any." This piece could almost be a poem and would be something great for a spoken recitation.

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 pm :
I'm glad you enjoyed it!! :D

NavyCopperQuill said...
Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:49 am:
I love the way this is planned out. It gave me something to think about. Great job! :)

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 pm :
Thanks!     

bwriter24 said...
You have a lot of talent! Beautifully written.

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:47 pm :
Thank you!! You're so nice. :)

Courage-and-HonorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
THis is well written, and it's a cool idea. :D  Thanks for sharing this.

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:46 pm :
You're welcome! Thanks for reading!!!

Tess B. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! This was a stunning piece, and should have made it to the magazine.

Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:28 pm :
Thank you!  :D