I Am Tomorrow This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I am a scribe. Letters bend and break at the flick and twist of my hand. I can destroy worlds that I create. I am a master, peasant, cat, and viewer. I know everything, nothing, and am still trying to figure things out. I am a writer, I shall keep legends alive, memories forever, and will always have secrets.

I am a craftsman. I capture souls and hearts and place them carefully on paper, in clay, and every other material imaginable. I see colors and shapes that don’t exist. I find the mysteries of the earth and heavens. I am an artist, I’ll hold onto beauty, let lovely things escape, and always apprehend life.

I am a healer. I banish illness away and I bring people to themselves. I have chased away death, battled monsters and I have won. I make people relax and rest with a small gesture and pill. I whisper to them at night telling them things that dry their tears. I am a nurse, I will restore things, return the soul, and always save the ones I can.

I am a warrior. Lands and seas remain safe under my firm watch and steady patrol. I struggle against exploding evil and whizzing metal darts. I never run, never leave another behind, and never give up. I am a soldier, I will never loose, I will always beat evil, and I will always guard the ones I love.

I am a traveler. My footprints are plastered on every corner of the world. I’ve seen things from a point of view that no one can believe. I can move faster than the wind and sound. I am a pilot, I will always cross the ocean, I will always look birds in the eye, and I will never fall.

I am an explorer. I go where the world ends and come back. I see earth, so small. I’ve been away from you but I always watch you. I am an astronaut, I will hear what shooting stars whisper, I will breathe air where there isn’t any, and I will study the sun as it warms my old home.

I am a treasure hunter. I find things more precious than rubies and gems. I uncover forgotten pasts. I reveal the earth’s old friends. I am an archeologist, I will discover my ancestors, I will keep history alive, and I will uproot beasts that surely were once dragons.

I am a wizard. I cast spells of illusions over the watcher’s eyes. I bring unicorns, mammoths, zombies and vampires back to life. I can drag you back in time or whisk you into the future. I am a movie director; I blow things away, flood cities and can build castles in the sky.

I am an apprentice. I search for my path. Do I want to save others, bring them joy, or help them go into new exciting things? Do I want to do something new or what my parents perform? I am a child, I am tomorrow, I am the fate of the world and I have to choose.

SportsStar23 said...
Jan. 2 at 7:03 pm:
Wow. That's honestly all I can think right now. That was incredible. I have no idea how you get ideas like this but it's great. No criticism. This is really spectacular and I especially love the ending! Great job! Keep writing and I'll keep reading! (:

GuardianoftheStarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 19 at 10:47 am :
Thanks! I know I sound repetivite, but I really appreciate that you took time to read and comment!

live_luv_laugh_inspireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:08 am:
Ahh you are so philosphocial (sorry I can't spell it) lol, but I mean that as a compliment!!! I wish I could write like you. I love how thoughtful this is, and like holly1999 says, creative! The way you end your pieces always leaves you hanging and makes you think!

Dec. 29, 2013 at 3:03 pm :
Thank you very much!  I am glad my works get you thinking. That is what I hoped for! :D

holly1999This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:48 am:
Wow! So creative and the idea was amazing. The description you used is great, and I loved how you exagerate everything then say what the job is in simpler terms. I really don't have any critisism for this. It's beautifully written and I feel like I could read it again and again. Perfect!  

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:19 pm :
Your kind words mean a lot. Thank you. :)

WriteOrWrong said...
Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:43 pm:
Very creative! I was wondering how the ending would be. I quite like how each job is revealed. Some parts are worded so 'I will hear what shooting stars whisper' but others drag the story down from it's true potential. Overall this is very wonderfully written but try to reread it again and focus on each job. See what you would really like to say. Find the miraculous and beautiful things about each and express it in such a way that one could not dare to choose between them. I adore this piece ver... (more »)

Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:42 am :
Thanks for the insight.  I agree that some of the jobs are stronger than others.  I am actually working on that.  Thanks for reading and commenting!! ^___^

hollyax1999This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 21, 2013 at 5:40 pm:
Wow, I love this.I could read it again and again

Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:12 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!!

lucybrownThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:45 pm:
I love this.  Your word choice is impeccable and I love the idea and imagery.  I really don't have any criticism.  I feel like I could read this over and over again and still gain something new from it.  Great work!

Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:11 pm :
Thank you!!

ZozeyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:02 pm:
Oh wow! I love how you exagerate everything, then say it in simpler terms : wizard - movie director, teasure hunter - archeologist ect. I love your work, and if I can find the subscribe button, then I'm subscribing! :)

Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:10 pm :
Aww, thanks!!!

CariePierce said...
Just simply... amazing. I am in awe of you.

Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:05 pm :
Thank you soo much. :)

In_Love_with_Writing said...
really good job! I liked it :) Can you rate and comment some of my work? Thanks!

Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:03 pm :
Sure!     

WhenItRains21 said...
Wow. Simply breathtaking.  It's so confident and self-assured and beautifully descriptive. I love it.

Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:03 pm :
Thank you. ^___^