Alive | Teen Ink

Alive

August 12, 2012
By SexyKitty28 GOLD, Pflugerville, Texas
SexyKitty28 GOLD, Pflugerville, Texas
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes you forgive people... Simply because you still want them in your life."


The street was quiet and dimly lit by flickering streetlights, I usually went for a walk at about 9:00. It was relaxing and it gave me a lot of time to think about everything that was going on, good and bad. I continued walking down the sidewalk and noticed a single car, waiting at the end of the street. I guessed that it was my father, he probably came to pick me up early.
I walked up to the car, "Hey..." I said and looked inside. It wasn't my father, it was a young girl, she looked about my age and she was crying. "Hello? Are you... are you alright?" I said and tapped on the window. She was silent for a while and I stepped back to walk away, but the girl rolled down the window. "Uhm... is your name Sara by any chance?" she said and I could hear her voice shaking. I smiled, "Yes, that's me." The girl looked up at me and smiled for a minute, then lowered her head again and continued staring at the floor of her car. I saw her reach into her purse and slip something behind her, "Well, goodbye." I said and started down the street again.
For about half an hour, I thought about that girl and what she got out of her purse and how she knew my name. I searched my memory for any sign of her, maybe I had met her before. I found nothing, I hadn't even seen that girl. I forgot about it, I figured she was one of my friends buddies. I looked up into the sky and felt a raindrop on my cheek, I smiled and walked slower. Soon enough, it was pouring and my clothes were soaked and heavy. I sat on a flight of stairs with a roof and pulled out my cellphone, I needed a ride home before I got sick from the cold weather.
I started to see my breath in little clouds in front of me and then from across the street I saw that girls car again. I put my phone back in my pocket and walked up to the car. "Hey, why are y-..." I heard glass shatter as the girl shot a bullet through the window and into my side. I stumbled backwards and held my side as the girl drove off into the rain. I fell into the glass shards beneath me and saw my blood create streaks through the rainwater. My breathing was shallow and my eyesight was blurry, I heard my phone ring and pulled it out of my pocket, it was my Father.
"Hey, Dad." I said and tried to control the shaking of my voice. "Hey kid, want me to come pick you up?" he said and I smiled at the sound of his voice, I almost forgot that I was laying down, bleeding in the rain. "Yeah..." I said and hoped that he would come soon. "Alright, I'll be there in a couple minutes." he replied and then I heard the dial tone and I closed my cellphone. I crawled to a doorstep, leaned my head against the door, and waited for him. After what felt like an hour but was probably only five minutes, I saw my father drive up. He slammed on the brakes, jumped out of the car, and ran up to me. I smiled and he lifted me into his arms, pain shot into my side and blood dripped down onto the sidewalk. I looked up at him and he looked down at me with tears in his eyes, I smiled at him, "I love you, Daddy."