A Ms. Natalie James

She walked into my life on the 14th of December. No... correction: she TRUDGED into my life with her awful brown moccasins. But that wasn't even the worst part. The black coffee in her hand swirled and swished over the top of the Styrofoam cup with each hideous, shuffling step...closer to my swaying stack of papers towering on my computer desk. Don't. Even. Think about bringing that coffee one step closer to me! ...Did i type that? no. Think it? i hope. She's staring. I didn't...say it...did i? "uh...sorry i just...am protective of my papers?" ha! even i knew that wasn't convincing. Everyone knew this was the cruddiest job in the building. Editing the articles that usually never even made it into the paper? pointless. but, it paid the bills... most of them. I fake smiled at her before she gave me a deathly look and trudged into her office. ugh. "Ms. Natalie James, the best boss ever" i mocked in a snotty tone under my breath. "Why.yes I beleive she is." I jumped at the deep voice breathing the words in my ear. Ew. Marcus Colt. In one word: Annoying, rude, and gorgeous. Okay, three words. But there's no way you could possibly describe him in one. Wow. Is it 10:30 already? deadline is at 11. I suppose my work is worth pretending to do instead of typing out every word i'm thinking... who knows maybe it'll be worth something someday. Hahaha- oh crap! that was out loud again...
"Nicole, please join me in my office for a moment" my head drops, "s***" i murmur.
"what was that?"
"uh, um, nothing Ms. James," i stumble into the dreaded office, suffocated by the lavender color in every corner.