Vanished

I WAS LOOKING DOWN AT my apartment building when I saw the trucks come. They were black; they looked devilish and revolting. The men stepped out first. A slender, elegant woman came second. Then came the most horrible off them all: The big burly man.

He was tall, wore a black tarnished suit, and carried a silver briefcase with him. The other men stepped back as the burly man stepped out of the devilish truck. He had a thick black beard, and his eyes seemed black as well. He had slender hairs on his forehead, not quiet concealing the big ugly scar on this temple.

I was up in one of the trees when they came, so they didn’t see me. They actually didn’t seem to keen to be seen either. They kept to the shadows and always wore sun glasses. It was strange, seeing a pair dressed in all black and in sunglasses when it was this cold out. Something was up.

I wasn’t sure if I should shout down to the three police officers right below me, eating donuts and other sugary treats. Instead, I decided to be kind enough to give them a fair warning so they wouldn’t have to run all the way where their bottoms couldn’t take them: Down the road.

I climbed out of the tree, suddenly nervous and scared. I don’t know what these people wanted, but it seemed like they had evil intent. If their scary truck wasn’t enough proof of that, the burly man was the best proof anyone could get.

I ran to the hotel, taking two steps a time up the stairs. I went to the swinging door, and the door holder was there, as always.

“Hello, miss,” he said as kind as ever. “Do you need help with anything?”

I shook my head, and then stopped. “Yeah,” I said quickly. “Have you seen four people come through here wearing black and one’s holding a briefcase?” I asked him.

He shook his head, crinkling his brow. “I don’t believe so, miss,” he said politely, even though he clearly thought now I was a crazy orphan girl.

“Well, thanks anyway,” I said sarcastically.

Before I ran through the swinging door I heard a chuckle and a hasty reply, “No problem, anytime,” then the swinging door closed and went to the other side again.

I snorted and shook my head.

The men were nowhere to be seen. If they could be seen, that is.

lackadaisicalwolf said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:43 am:
I really like this ^ ^

IamtheshyStargirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:54 am:

Yes, very suspenseful, very interesing, very intriguing :) 

Good work!