You're the One. | Teen Ink

You're the One.

By SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa
SoullessHeart PLATINUM, New Hampton, Iowa

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ"I hope you make peace with your pain, and never lose your flames."

While I am walking home with you, I gaze into your beautiful blue eyes. I realize you're the one I want to be with, until the day I die. You start at me intensely, as you get down on one knee. I am shocked, and start crying.You say,"You're the one I want to be with forever. Marry me?" I look at you, and at that moment you're mine. Together for forever. A few months later I found out you were going away, and that was so hard to hear to this day. I said, "Be safe," as you leave home, and now your officially gone. You returned 6 months later and never went back. I ran and hugged you,and cried, I didn't even laugh. We got married, and we are still going strong. "I never want you to go away again. "I said while we walked. You said, "I will never leave you no matter what, we are together forever, and nothing will ever change my mind about you." I smile and laugh as we walk down the street, as we hold hands and laugh quietly. We never let go of each other after that, and hug each other tightly. I said, "I love you, and each moment I spend with you will be treasured." He said, "I love you too, and we NOW are together forever."

This goes out to all the Armed Forces in America. They have to leave their wives and kids to fight bravely for us. They get deployed and have to leave everything behind. I wanted to create this piece because it describes a man and a woman who have been together for a long time dating, and he proposes in the middle of the street. And before they get married he is finding out he is being deployed, and he has to leave everything behind. But he returns home after that and never leaves again. So this is dedicated and inspired by the U.S. Armed Forces having to leave their homes and wives and children to fight for our country. Thank you. This is dedicated to all of them.

Thank you so much! I have worked very hard on all of my writing. you do not know how much that means to me! I am only 13 and i didn't know anyone would say my writing is good thank you so much! :)

DrkBluPretty GOLD, Goodyear, Arizona

“Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.”

— Twyla Tharp (Dancer/Choreographer)

That's really good, and very thoughtful:)