Concrete Angel | Teen Ink

Concrete Angel

By Staystrong13 PLATINUM, Royse City, Texas
Staystrong13 PLATINUM, Royse City, Texas

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." -T.S. Eliot

Scars of hate cover her body as she tries to match the outside to the inside. The taunting, the torment, the pain of un-cried tears all clothe her in whispers of regret. She is not good enough. She is not pretty. She is not worthy of the ground she walks on. These are the things her ears hear. The falseness of care, trust and love fuel her internal rage. She no longer walks among us for the violence of Life beckoned Merciful Death to her door. She is safe among the ashes as her painful cries are answered. Her story shall never be told, her memory gone unknown, her trials forever unspoken as she fades into the stars trailing scarlet tears of blood. She sleeps now in peace for her captures can no longer harm her. The world lost a golden angel of heaven to the brutal hands of stone that held her brittle heart over the edge of sanity. This beautiful, smart, talented brown eyed girl was someone’s daughter, someone’s sister, someone’s cousin, someone’s friend. She had a whole life ahead of her to do great wonders yet they stripped her down to the bone. They destroyed her every hope, her every dream, her every thought. This brown eyed angel sleeps beneath the stone. Her voice is forever silenced by the hands of cruel human nature pulling her apart brick by boring brick. The bullies gain a false victory as this golden angel cloaked in black takes refuge among the stars in eternity.