For You | Teen Ink

For You

By Staystrong13 PLATINUM, Royse City, Texas
Staystrong13 PLATINUM, Royse City, Texas

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." -T.S. Eliot

A young girl, her future uncertain, hangs in the balance. Her life is up to the forces of nature. It is a war she can never win but she won’t give up, not yet. Her heart is strong even if her bones are weak. Sports and breathing may get the best her but she still runs wild and free. She lives each day to the fullest, never having regrets. She is surrounded by her guardian angels who keep her smile burning bright and never allowing the life fade from her eyes.
Normality in her world of weeping roses consists of hospital visit after hospital visit, long nights of restlessness, feeding tubes, experimental treatments and terminal disease. She can fill the end drawing neat but she is not afraid. She finds comfort in the idea that in her after life she will be strong. She will be with her maker. She sings into the night as her lights begin to fade. She showers her loved ones in “I love yous” and “I’m okays.” She smiles even in the end, as breath cannot come to her frozen lungs and her heart soon falters. She is safe. She is alive forever in our hearts. She is never forgotten. We will continue to fight for her. We love you, our angel who has been granted wings of silver.