Cinderella's World

She wanted to behave like Cinderella, staying out ‘til midnight. But, her stepbrothers were kind, she never had to do chores, her mother was still around, she could afford a dress, her stepfather loved her, and she had a prince. A prince that was not very charming. Her life was certainly not a fairytale. Captain of the football, basketball, and track teams, popular and followed, president of student government, and lead role in high school life; or so everyone thought. While she would apply pounds of makeup to conceal scars, form thousands of stories to cover up the bruises, and worse sunglasses for 3 weeks straight to hide her black eye. She would come home late, but never happy. Exhausted, but only with fear. Exhausted from being chased by the memories she could only wish to forget. She wished she had never lost her shoe; that she never was tossed into her new fairytale life. She just couldn’t take living happily every after.

wishingtheskywasbluerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love how the concept of this article and the way you wrote it!!!!! keep writing:)

Annette11 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thank you so much!! (:

Athena19This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really liked this! It was really well written. It deffinitely made me wanna know more about her!

Thanks so much!

Morgana said...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 4:52 am
I absolutely loved this, the depth was amazing and the hidden meaning was sad but written beutifuly

Aww, thank you so much! (: