True Love's Find | Teen Ink

True Love's Find

By Jakae SILVER, St. Cloud, Minnesota
Jakae SILVER, St. Cloud, Minnesota

Got to ask myself one question. Do i feel lucky? Well, do you, Punk?

I have always been fascinated by the sea. It held things relatively unknown to me, including mermaids, vampires that don’t need air to breathe, and werewolves who crave media attention for who they truly were. I love exploring, but it always let me into troubles.
My name is Aaron, and I am a werewolf. My best friend is a vampire and I have a new roommate named Sally, who is a ghost. I moved away from home after I got scratched/bitten (don’t remember which) because of how I didn’t want my family to find out about my lycanthropy.
This story is about how I met Jakoba, or Jakae, a mixture of all the things I was most interested in. She is a bit of a control freak, since in her past people were taken away from her.
The night she came, it was storming really bad. I think that she may have caused it, but maybe not. She was drenched. But the one thing that amazed me most about her was she was a fish from the waist down, singing Part of Your
World from the Little Mermaid and there was wings, covered in fur, on the stunningly beautiful upper half. I ran out to her with a towel after hearing a scream uttered from her lips. I brought her inside, thinking I was going to get a struggling mermaid thing. Nothing happened.
“Why did you save me?” She asked as I set her on the couch.
“Cause it is something I do. I mean, for once I want to do something despite being a werewolf.”
“I understand completely,” she uttered, “I am a mixture of mermaid, werewolf and three courts of vampire.”
“Three courts? You mean like the courts that were destroyed five years ago by that hybrid?” I stammered. “I heard that she died attempting to kill the Whit Queen.”
“She killed the White Queen. The White Queen was one of the many that killed her family.”
“How do you know that?”
“I am her.” She muttered as she reached for my face. The next thing I knew, I blacked out, waking up three hours later with her standing over me, patting my face with warm washcloths.
“What happened?” I asked
“You fainted after I tried showing you my life.” She tempted, “I shouldn’t of done that.
“You mean you can show what you have seen,… in other people’s eyes?”
“Yeah. Why?”
“I… so… LOVE it. What else can you do?”
“Tell the future, super speed, shape shift, almost everything that vampires and werewolves can do.”
“What about the mermaid part.”
“While you sat watching me, I was talking to the fish and mammals that live in ponds, rivers, lakes and sewers in this city.”
“You… can understand them?”
“Yes. It’s part of my nature to understand them.”
She walked into the kitchen as I brought myself up to a sitting position on the beat up brown cough. I heard a clitter clatter of bottles and then a “Ahh, there it is. I knew it was there.” She later came out and sat near my knees.
“What did you say your name was again?” She asked.
“I never did… I’m Aaron. Or you can call me A.” I stammered. “What is your name?”
“My human name is Jakae. My mermaid name is hard for humans to hear or even pronounce. There is something I need to tell you.”
“What is that?”
“My father is the water God, Poseidon,” she whispered. “I am the princess of the whole kingdom of mermaids, and a princess of the vampire and werewolf hybrid community.”
“Wow.”
“What?”
“Double royalty. Does that make you rich?”
“I wish. I need things here in order to survive until I reach home when I’m done with college.”
“Stay here then. I could help you, along with Sally and Aiden. They are some friends of mine.”
“The Ghost and the vampire, right?”
“Yeah. How do you know?”
“Mind reading, Duh.” She said sarcastically. She got up and walked to the door. She opened the door, but hesitated. She turned back, looked at me and said, “I leave you with a gift, Aaron Werewolf. You now have a power to hear other people’s thoughts. When you hear a scream in your head, come to the ocean and you will find me there waiting.” Then she was gone, with the door blowing in the wind and rain.
I never saw her again after that, hoping for the scream that she said I would hear. Several years went by, and I had many dreams about her showing me pearl necklaces and earrings until I chose a pair and a necklace to wear, keys that opened a secret door, a woman (Voluperous kind) on a chain, and a class ring she had from a high school she attended, while holding a bracelet with sea colored beads and sea related charms. I dreamt that she was beckoning me to the sea side. I kept dreaming, until I woke in the middle of the night, hearing her scream for me.
I packed for a few weeks at the sea side. I left with a note telling Aiden I would be backs soon and not to worry. I arrived at the resort I booked back home, in Palm Beach, Florida. I put my bag in my room and left to the beach, late at night, and saw Jakoba on the beach, lying still. I feared for the worst. I then saw a furry tail poking out from one side, screaming the one side of her heritage. I sat by her head, gently putting it on my knees and singing my mom’s lullaby she sang to me as I stared at a wound on her stomach. As I cried, a light came to me and brought my head up to look at her.
“Why do you grieve so?” It asked.
“I began to love her. I wanted to experience life with her. I am useless without her in my life.” I sobbed.
“You already have. While you dreamt of having sex with her, she was there giving into your desires. You have four healthy children waiting for you in your hotel room.”
“What shall I do?”
“Love her and keep her, cherish her very being. I give her new life, to enjoy it with you.” It choked, then pressed a ball of light to Jakae’s wound.
Jakae then rose from her position, turned around, saw me, and clobbered me to the wet sand. We kissed for a long time before we let go, breathing heavily into each other’s faces. I got up and got us both a towel from my car to dry us off and to go accompany our children.
“I, Jakae, take you, Aaron, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”
“I, Aaron, take you, Jakae, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”
We got married on that same beach three days later. Our children, Nilla, Loren, Dragon, and Cassandra were our escorts of Jakae, the beauty to my beast.
And we lived Happily Ever After.

I love writing about some of the fantasy people watch on a daily basis. so I wrote this so I could do something about what I love.