Lucky Socks

My name is Francis Lee Gerber. Yuck! So my friends call me Frankie. I am six-years-old. I have this orange hair that is super bright and looks funny with my tons of freckles. I am three feet and eight inches high and I wear my lucky blue and maroon striped socks every day. They go up to the bottom of my knee and are tight at the toes, heels, and tippy top. I’m really lucky in them because I read awesomely when I wear them, and I can run super fast, and when I fall on the ground, it doesn’t hurt so much. It’s all ‘cause of my socks.

I remember this one time I was sittin’ around in my kindergarten class reading a Narnia book. My spot was in the art supply closet because I hoped that I could go to Narnia if I read and sat long enough. My teacher Missus Ralphine said I was in over my head for pickin’ up such a big book for such big kids. I said nope ‘cause I was wearing my lucky socks. I took a test on Prince Caspian. One hundred percent. Oh yeah.

And I remember this time at the beginning of first grade (this year) and my friend Artie and my other friend Jake and the cute boy in Missus Dean’s class, Scott came up to me asking if I could be part of their race. I said yup, ‘cause I wanted to run with Scott- like in the movies, but not super slow, at regular speed. We lined up on the black top and we counted together: one, two, three! And we ran. It was Jake, then me, then Scott, then Artie last. I was catching up to Jake, then I fell on the black top by the tetherball court. Scott stopped running and he took a band-aid from his front, left pocket of his dark brown shorts. He unwrapped it; it was green, my favorite color. He put it on my knee then kept on running. It was magical. All because I was in those socks.

So I’m six-year-old Frankie, the orange-haired freckle kid with my blue and maroon lucky socks. And I’m pretty awesome. All because of my socks.

MidnightNow1127 said...
Awww ~ That's so adorable! You know, now I really wish I had some lucky blue and maroon stripes socks :/

Orange Buffalo said...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:41 am:
This story is adorable! Loved it (:

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this was really cute! Very nice job capturing the moment! Could you read one of my books? I want more comments? it can be an article it doesn't matter. Thank you and keep writing! :)(:

Artemis--SherwoodThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Er, I meant "I loved how realistic it was!" Not "I loved you realistic it was!" Sorry. Ignore my awkwardness.....

I loved you realistic it was! It sounded like a real little kid, which is actually a good thing. XD

I love the "lucky" socks, by the way.