Absolute Darkness

The light reflected in your eyes from the very tiny pieces of the sky. The little dew drops barely touching the tips of your fingers. As you lie there, your whole life is planned out but you don't even know it yet. That tingling feeling you get in your butterfly filled stomach. That's the feeling I would want anybody to embrace. My dreams, my inspirations. My knight in shining armor. Anything that is possible to me and nobody else. I can dream anything there and so can you! So, there you are lying on a field of sprinkled grass surrounded by ultimate darkness and the glittering of the moon and the stars. What will you imagine?

As the sun sets, the stars and the moon come out. That's when the magic of nature happens. The twinkling stars appear. The moon's shadow suddenly covers the earth. You're left alone with your imagination and dreams. Isolated. Your dreams splash across the sky like fireworks. Now, the sky resembles the arctic sky, full of different colors. The owls are hooting. The leaves on the lonely trees are rustling. You're just lying there as still as a flamingo in a pond on its one leg. It looks like you're just enjoying the view but it is so much more that that. You are learning what really matters in life and most importantly, you're dreaming. Your dreams could be anything. Maybe, you're dreaming about...I don't know what you would dream about. It's your dream and nobody knows what your real desire is. Only you do. It is somewhere deep inside your heart. Your heart is what speaks for you. Therefore, take a look at the sky. What stories will your heart tell?

Imagination. My “place” exists under your conditions. There is no entrance code, barrier, or something to keep people away. There is absolutely nothing like that. Why would there be? Why wouldn't I share the beauty of a simple night with stars and a moon? You just have to be there. You just have to exist. My “place” is there if you want it to be there. Why wouldn't you want it? It's everything that you could dream of and so much more. Will your place exist?

My description of this “place” is a completely different definition of a starry night with a moon. I describe the land of imagination, dreams, and hope. The land where anything is possible. The land that you create. Maybe, you just want it to be a starry night. Maybe not. There are so many possibilities of what one night that you dream of can be. Your answer will lie in dark deep corners of your very own imagination. That's not as hard as it sounds. Your heart will help you out there. What will your night be like?

Your imagination can dream of anything it likes. You just need to let it loose. Let it wander. Don't let it carry you away too much, though. Dreams can be as real as they can be but real life is much much better. In real life, you have those that truly love you and care about. Don't ever try to let that go. As much as your night is real, the dreams you wish should be for your good. Dream for a better future. Dream for a better life. Those wishes and dreams don't have to be instant because all things take time. Here, time is what you have. Time to figure your problems out. Time to understand what is actually happening. You always have to go back. Your problems won't get solved by avoiding the problem. No. Being scared is not the answer but logic is. What will your logic be?

So, there I am lying on a field of sprinkled grass surrounded by ultimate darkness and the glittering of the moon and the stars. My hair and clothes are getting wet but I don't care. My dreams are what actually matter. Yours should, too. Anybody's should. This is not an imaginary place. It really exists. It's there. Whatever you do, it will always be there. For you and only you. It isn't somewhere. It isn't just a place. It's whatever you want it to be. It's all your choice. Your decision. What will you choose? What will you dream? There are so many more questions I can ask you but I can't decide for you. You. That is the word that answers everything. It isn't up to me to dream your dreams or wish your wishes. It's up to you and only you. It's just a matter of how you're going to do it.
Just one question.
Will you decide to spend your night like this?

Harebelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your images are so beautiful! This makes me want to look up at the stars, too. I like how you talked about dreams.

Viktoriya A. replied...
thankss[: and you should..the stars really are beautiful..it's one thing to write about them, but to see them is a whole new world.

Harebelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yeah i definitely will...would you mind critiquing a piece I wrote? its in realistic fiction and its called the forgotten gift.

Viktoriya A. replied...
sure why not..ill go look at it now[: