The Day my Life Ended | Teen Ink

The Day my Life Ended

July 14, 2011
By Twilightlove96 SILVER, Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
Twilightlove96 SILVER, Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Loves is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It dose not take offense and is not resentful. Love take no pleasure in others people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.”


“ Tiffani can I talk to you for a minute?” I looked up and saw my gram standing in the doorway looking upset about something. I got up and followed her into the sun room and sat across from her. “ Meme am I in trouble?” “ No honey, you aren’t.” “ Then what’s wrong?” “ Hon Ronnie Rook is in the hospital and it isn’t looking to good.” “ What do you mean he is in the hospital what happened?” By now I was getting hysterical. “ He was involved in a hit and run.” What! I could not believe this. “ Can we go and see him tonight?” “ Not tonight.” “ Can I go to my dads after school tomorrow then?” “ Yes, you can.” I got up and left the room. I could faintly hear my gram and my aunts talking about what was wrong with me. I grabbed the phone and went down to my room. Once I was down there I called everyone I know to find out what was wrong with him. But I couldn’t get a hold of anybody. That night as I laid in bed I realized two things. One, If he died my life would be over. Two, my life would never be the same if he died. The next day I left school early. I couldn’t even get through the first period. I spent some time at my dads house where my uncle spent his last moments before he got hit. A couple of hours later we went to Geisenger Hospital where my uncle was in the ICU. My brother John went in with me to see him. I broke down in tears seeing one of my most favorite people laying in a hospital bed with tubes coming out of him and him wearing a neck brace. A couple of hours later I found out that he had a broken eye socket, broken pelvis bone, internal bleeding by his liver and his lungs, he had a deflated lung, broken ribs, broken neck, and his brain stem detached its self from his head. My uncle Ronnie Rook died 4:15 Am on Friday Oct. 15,2010. 6 days before my 14th birthday. Apart of myself died along with him that day my dear uncle Ron died that day as did my life. Ronnie Rook will be severely missed everyday for the rest of my life.


The author's comments:
This article is about when I found out that my uncle Ronnie was in the hospital and about the day he died.