Underneath The Covers

I strain to hear the whispered words, the secrets behind closed doors.
Then the voices get louder and the bits of conversation become full sentences. I know I shouldn't listen, Mamma wouldn't like it much.
She would come in and see me under the covers. She would yell at me, and pull them off. She would look at me with her mean eyes turned on, and I would think about how I wanted her to have her happy eyes on. And then I knew what Mamma would do... She would get real close up at me and look hard in my face, her breath all smelly, like the drinks in the fridge. And she would yell at me, my ears would hurt. And she would hit me.
Once
twice
So hard, I would want to cry, but I wouldn't. That would make Mamma even more madder. She would tell me to "Shut up you stupid, worthless trash." And Then she would leave, and in the morning I would find her asleep in any part of the house, like she felled over.
So I stop listening, I don't want that to happen.
And I fall asleep...Underneath the covers.

CookieluvrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 2:28 pm:
This was really good!but something about the piece made me think it would fit better under the poetry section. still I loved it! Can you check out some of my work? Thanks!

caprifox97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:57 am :
I Would love to check out some of your work, and thanks for the comment... actually, it was supossed to be in the poetry but  I miss-clicked and by the time I noticed it was already summiting. :)