The Rain | Teen Ink

The Rain

May 22, 2011
By AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana
AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana
60 articles 52 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
This brick wall I tried so hard to build, is tumbling down. - Me (AliceAngel)

If drama were vodka, everyone at my school would be drunk. - Chloe, one of my friends.


I love how the wet drops of rain run down my face. How they dance on the windows. How they fall in the puddles on the road. How they make me soaking wet.

How I never realized this before? Well, that’s a mystery to me. But it’s been taken away from me forever.


“Omigosh! It looks like it’s going to rain! Tori! What are we going to do?!” Shelby asks me, as freaked out as ever.

“We’re just gonna have to dance in the rain.” I say, smiling.

“Dance in the rain? Are you crazy?! I wouldn’t even walk in the rain! And I left my umbrella at home!” Shelby whines.

I sigh. How I knew this friendship with Shelby would drive me crazy, I’m not sure. Shelby is amazing in many ways, but when it comes to whining and acting like a stuck up b****, well, that’s when I loose it.

“Then ride home with someone! Borrow their umbrella!” I tell her, rolling my eyes.

“Oh, that’s a great idea! Thanks Tori!” Shelby says, running off.


By the end of the day, the water is coming down hard and the wind is knocking people off their feet. So much for walking home.

“Hey Tori.” Says a familiar voice behind me.

“Hey Zack.” I say, sighing.

“You need a ride?” Zack asks.

“Yes please.” I tell him.

“Then come on! I’ll take you home.” He says, smiling at me.

Once we’re in the car, soaking wet, I really look at Zack. His emo black hair, just barely touching his eyes, his high cheekbones and his full lips. His blue v-neck t-shirt just peaking out of his leather jacket, his dark blue jeans, and his black converse. I had never really looked at Zack before. He had always been my best friend. He was the one that held me when I was down, and picked me back up when I needed help. I never really thought about how he looked and the way he acted. I only thought about how great a friend he was, and how he was always there for me.

Before I knew it, we were in front of my house. The rain was pouring even harder than it had been before we left school.

“Would you like to come in Zack?” I ask, knowing he’ll say yes.

“Sure.” He says, smiling.

We quickly run inside, and by the time we were even at the front door, we were soaked to the bone.

As we step inside, my mom comes up to us and hands us each a towel to dry ourselves off with.

“Go ahead and leave your shoes by the door.” My mom yells at us as she walks away.

After we take our shoes off, we head off to my room to talk and hang out.

“So.” Zack says, lounging on my bed. “What do you do for fun around here?”

I throw the pillow that was on my chair at him, knowing he’s joking.

“Well, lets see. I ignore the comment you made right there, I throw pillows at you, and I tell you what I do for fun around here.” I say, jokingly.

“Oh…well that sounds boring.” He says, throwing the pillow back at me.

“Well then what do you want to do?” I ask, sitting next to him on the bed.

“Well I was thinking that maybe we could –” That’s when the lights went out.

“Well crap.” I say, searching for a flashlight.

“This just means we can get to know each other better.” Zack says, with the grin on his face I’m sure is there.

“Oh, yeah, I totally want to do that. Not.” I say, throwing the pillow back at him that I still had conveniently in my hands.

“Oh, come on! At least talk with me!”

“Okay, fine.”

I lay next to Zack on my bed, turning to face him.

“So. I heard you and Max broke up.” Zack says.

“Yeah, but it’s no big deal. He was getting annoying.” I tell him.

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah, I mean, every time I saw him, all he wanted to do was make out with me.”

“Oh, that sucks.”

“Yeah.”

“So you’re not going out with anyone?”

“No. I think I’m gonna take a break from relationships for right now.”

“Well good for you. You know, we could go see a movie this Saturday. I hear ‘Thor’ is pretty good.”

“Oh, yeah, I heard about that. My dad and my brother went and they said it was really good.”

“Oh, seriously? I’ve been DYING to see it and they didn’t invite me?”

“Well they didn’t know you would want to see it!”

And that’s when everything fell apart. I finally realized that his hand had been making its way to the zipper of my jeans and had pulled the zipper down and had unbuttoned my jeans. His hand was half-way into my underwear when I stopped him and pulled his hand out.

“What the hell are you doing?!” I yell.

“What does it look like?!”

“It looks like you’re trying to finger-f*** me!”

“Then its exactly what it looks like!” Zack says, pulling my pants and my underwear down forcefully.

He forces me to stay still and he holds both my wrists against the bed.

“Either we do this the easy way, or we do it the hard way.” Zack whispers.

“How about neither?” I spit at him.

Struggling, I finally break free, but he grabs me around my waist and dumps me back on the bed, trapping me again. His hand goes back to what it had tried to start before, and im lying there screaming my head off.

I never stopped to think how no one in my family came in to see what was going on. It was like they were deaf, like they could only see what was happening but couldn’t hear it.

Pain. That’s the 2nd thing I feel after the numbness. He’s forcing me to stay still while he fucks the life out of me and rapes me. He doesn’t care about how I feel or how my family is only a few feet away.

Then I black out.


The next morning, my parents opened my room to find me dead, on the floor, with blood covering the walls.

It turns out Zack only got close to me to rape me and then kill me, deciding he didn’t need me anymore. And that’s when I got my revenge on him.


The author's comments:
I was reading one of the articles i had written a few weeks ago, and it made me want to write another story. So here it is.