Mistakes

Three o’clock in the morning. A rock hits my window. Drowsily, I wake up, walk to my window and peer outside. There, my boyfriend of two years stands, waiting for me to sneak out. This isn’t me. I’m not that kind of person.

Quickly, my shirt and pants fly on. I quietly open the window and climb onto the roof. Why am I doing this? I ask myself. Down the rain gutter and into the hands of my boyfriend. He takes me to his car, and we zoom away. In the parking lot – now what have I done. I tell him I want to go home. He doesn’t listen.

Two hours later, I’m back in my room. Unable to sleep. His face keeps appearing in my mind. I can’t get rid of it! I realize that I hate him. Why did I do that. What will my parents do? I know what I will do.

Three o’clock in the afternoon. What happened last night? I can’t stand not knowing. Hop in my car, go to Walgreens. Spend $10 on the one thing that decides my fate. I can only hope for the negative reading.

amzazinLily said...
Really good... i have a few friends that have made those same mistakes, and regret it... Good job writing. You didnt use much words but still got the point across. Amazing. :) <3

Hover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I'm really sorry if this sounds stupid but I just don't get what happened at the end! :/ What did she spend $10 on?

Signed, Confused

amzazinLily replied...
She's talking about a pregancy test. :) <3

Hover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 24, 2011 at 8:30 am
Wow, duh. :/  Can't believe I didn't see that. But anyway really good writing - nice and short, but meaningful. :)

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thats great!  i really like how much you were able to do with so few words  that is very impressive keep it up!  could you please check out and comment on my story Numb.  i would realyl appreciate the feedback