Late to School | Teen Ink

Late to School

By kellyyyyx3 GOLD, North Tonawanda, New York
kellyyyyx3 GOLD, North Tonawanda, New York

"Uh oh, Wednesday already?" Sarah thought as she woke up in her warm, comfortable bed. She rolled our and went downstairs to get ready for the day. Today is an important day. Today is the big chemistry test she's been worrying about for the past week. Although Sarah is really smart and does well in chemistry, she can't help but feel extra nervous for this one. She finishes getting ready and heads to her room to get dressed. Still tired, staring at her bed as it calls her name, she decides to lay down for a minute... ten minutes later, she wakes up. "Shoot! I was supposed to leave 5 minutes ago!" She runs to her dresser and throws on the first thing she sees.. sweatpants and her North Face. "Good enough!" she decides. She hops in her car and races to school. She gets to study hall just in time. Sarah finds a seat alone so she can really focus on studying. As she reads everything over, she starts to realize she has nothing to worry about. She knows all about this section the test is about. So she decides she'll just rest until the end of the period. Just a few minutes later, her friend Emily gets a text from someone in first period chemistry. "Sarah.. Sarah!" "What?" Sarah exhaustively replied. "The test is pushed back until tomorrow." Sarah just laid her head back down on her desk. "...Of course!"