The Sociopath's Girlfriend | Teen Ink

The Sociopath's Girlfriend

March 16, 2011
By bigdreamsbigheart PLATINUM, Ypsilanti, Michigan
bigdreamsbigheart PLATINUM, Ypsilanti, Michigan
35 articles 0 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
\\\"When I stand before god I want to have no talent left so I can say,\\\"I used everything you gave me\\\"\\\"


The day I found out my true love was a sociopath scarred me. Or should I say scared me. I’ve never been the same. Not only has it been hard that I realize someone I care about is literally crazy, but also I have realized that in the three years that he told me he loved me, it was impossible. A sociopath is incapable of loving. But now the only question I have is, if I still love him am I considered crazy?



“Ashley you should be happy you dumped me,” he said.



In awe I starred at him. I didn’t dump him first of all, he dumped me. And second of allover the last three years he has been begging to be with me, and yet once I fall in love with him he pushes me away.



“Why?” I asked.



“Because you don’t know anything about me. You think you do, but you really don’t.”



When he said that I laughed. Because the funny thing was that I probably knew him better than anyone. I know every look in his eyes, and every smile, or frown. I know his hands shake when he’s mad, and I know he punches things when he’s beyond mad. I know that family is the most important thing to him. And I know that his heart is so big that he could feel any sort of sadness or happiness for any person or being.



“How?” I questioned.



“I can’t feel anything,” he responded.



“How?” I laughed, “What do you mean?”



“Look up the definition of a sociopath and tell me if you still want to be with me.”



I’ve heard of a sociopath before. It was the type of guy in scary movies that was crazy and murdered people. But I had some sort of hope that there was a second definition that was good.



Sociopath: Someone who can’t maintain a steady relationship. Or steady environment. They particularly can’t have any sort of feelings for anything. Define some as crazy.





After I read that I had chills all over my body. He was right; this guy wasn’t who I thought he was. But yet surprisingly it didn’t change the way I felt about him. And for that I felt like I was crazy. Somehow it made me love him more.



“Yeah…so.” I replied.



“Did you read it?” He asked.



“Yes I did,” I said.



“And?” He asked.



“And I still think even though you’re diagnosed with an illness you’re still the guy I fell in love with. And that’s not going to change.” I smiled



“Really?” He smiled back.



“Yes,” I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. And he kissed back. It was the most psychotic kiss you would have ever seen.



I know what your thinking. I’m crazy right? Well I’m crazy in love with a crazy boy who can’t love me back but is psychotically in love with the idea of loving me. What can I say? His love is my hallucination, and that has made me crazy.


The author's comments:
I know how it is to be in this situation. You don't know what to do.