And She Didn't Even Know It | Teen Ink

And She Didn't Even Know It

March 3, 2011
By tmdubs22 BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
tmdubs22 BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never frown, you never know who is falling in love with your smile.


Logan had no idea she was being watched day in and day out. Only recently did it become obvious to her. As Logan drove you old beat up Yellow VW Bug home from school, she noticed a rather sketchy looking van following behind her. She didn’t think anything of it as her neighbors were getting construction on their house done and the van resembled one of the other vans.
The next day was a crisp autumn one, and Logan’s jacket wasn’t very warm. Just before getting into her car for another day at school, she decided to go back in her house to get a warmer jacket. She had no idea what would be waiting for her when she returned. It was a note with one single word on it. “BEWARE”, the note said. How could one single word say so much? She didn’t know what to do so she quickly got in her car and went on her way.
Once at school, Logan’s friends knew something was up. Normally, Logan has a permanently sweet innocent look on her face, but not today. Today her eyes bugged out and she seems paranoid. “Is everything ok Logan, you look a little freaked!” Said her best friend/biggest crush since she was seven, Shaun. Startled by the abrupt conversation starter she flinched. “Wow there buddy,” Shaun said “what’s going on!?” Logan knew he could see the fear in her like a glow stick at night.
“I don’t know who it was, I have no idea really!” She said to Shaun. “Who what was, what don’t you know!” He replied. Logan pulled out a crumbly note, similar to the one she found that morning, also saying “BEWARE” in her locker. “Shaun, I don’t know who it was, there was one on my car this morning as well!” She said, on the verge of tears.
“Logan, what’ going on! Do you have any idea?” he said almost as bewildered as Logan. “Look, I got to go to class, catch up with you after school?” She said already walking away, half because she really did need to go to class and half because she needed time to think. “Who could be doing this to me?” Logan thought.
Shaun met up with Logan by her little car after school. She always gives him rides home. “Is there a chance we could drop by your house first? I think I left my History text book there last time I was at your house,” said Shaun while they both hopped into the car. “Sure” Logan replied. “That’s fine!”
While driving down Logan’s Street, Logan and Shaun noticed a body darting from her back yard. “Stay in the car Logan” Shaun said as he hopped out of the car.
Logan was nervous as Shaun disappeared around the corner. After waiting for about 10 minutes in the car, Logan finally got up the courage to get out of the car and look for Shaun. She hoped he wasn’t hurt.
She crept around the corner and into the back yard when …..
“SURPRISE” shouted all of Logan’s friends. Balloons and streamers where everywhere! “Shaun, I told you that you didn’t need to do anything for my birthday!” Logan exclaimed.
“I would never let a year of your life go by un-celebrated” Shaun said. “I got my friends to really freak you out so you wouldn’t expect anything” He said.
“Well that definatly worked bud,” Logan said.
Logan and Shaun hung out together for the whole party. She could tell that this was the start of something very special.